Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Botle's Point Of View:

"No."

"What? No?" Joshua asks, his eyebrows furrowing. The hopefulness in his eyes is slowly fading.

"I don't want to be made a fool by you again. I'm not falling for your tricks," I state, my gaze on the floor.

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair in disbelief. He tries to land his hands on my shoulders but I take a step away from him. He slowly lowers his hands to his side and lowers his gaze to the floor as well.

"I'm sorr—" he tries to apologize but I cut him off.

"Stop apologizing, it's getting annoying hearing the same words from you," I say as I fold my arms and roll my eyes.

"Fine, I'll stop apologizing but how can I gain back your trust?" He asks sincerely.

"I don't know," I honestly respond as my arms fall at my sides.

"Can you at least consider the date? Think about it, please," He pleads with me.

"Whatever, yeah. I'll think about it. Is that all you wanted to say to me?" I ask him, needing to get away from him in order to think straight.

"I mean, yeah I guess," he replies while scratching his neck.

"Okay, we're done here. Bye Josh," I bid farewell as I turn around and walk towards my car.

As I get into the car, I look up and lock eyes with Josh. His eyes have remorse written all over them. I'm not going to fall for your games, not this time.

I remove my gaze, start the car and drive home.

---

Finishing the touches on my homework, my mother calls me downstairs for supper.

Walking into the kitchen, I smell the aroma of the food my mother cooked. Hmm, it smells amazing.

The rest of the family enters the kitchen and takes their seats while mother is dishing up the food. After my mother takes her seat, we bless the food and dig in. Everyone takes their turn in explaining the highlights of their days.

"Botle, when did that friend of yours say he's coming?" My father asks. Shit, I totally forgot about that.

"Erm, soon?" I reply in uncertainty.

"What do you mean by 'soon'?" My mother asks.

"You didn't ask him, did you?" Melu asks nonchalantly as he continues to eat his food.

"Uhm, well—" I don't reply as I am unsure of what to say.

"Can I have his number?" Beth hopefully asks. All heads turn in her direction in shock. 

"Girl? How old are you, konje(again)?" I ask her.

"Age is just a number," she says.