Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Botle's Point Of View

2 weeks later.

The past 2 weeks felt really long, with the packing and stuff. Plus settling into the house just made it feel even longer but alas the packing is done, extra furniture is in it's rightful place. It's now Saturday and I only have a day and a half to go back to school, which is Crawford College. It was the school I went to before I left to London.

Since it's Saturday I'm going out with Kozo to catch up a bit. It's been 2 whole years since I've seen my best friend, 2 long years. Anyway, she said she'll fetch me at noon. I just finished taking a shower I lotioned. I decided on wearing my red undergarments, a pair of black jeans, a red oversized tank top and a pair of black Nike Air Force.

Just as I finished wearing my shoes, I receive a text from Kozo saying that she's 5 minutes away. I take my side-bag and quickly walked downstairs. As I passed the kitchen I see my mother making lunch.

"Mama, I'm going out with Ntokozo!" I shout as I head towards the door.

"Okay hunny. Will you be staying at her house for tonight?" she asks.

"Uhm, I'll probably text or call you when I've made a decision," I say opening the door and see that Kozo just pulled up at our front yard.

"Okay baby. Oh, please pass my greetings to Ntokozo. It's been long since I've seen her," she says.

"Okay, I'll tell her. Bye!" I close the door and walk towards the car not even waiting for my mother's response.

I run towards my best friend as she steps out of the car and jump into her arms hugging her really tight. She squeals out of surprise.

"Hello to you too," she says while laughing. It feels so good to be with my best friend.

Pulling out of her embrace, I say: "Oh my word I miss you so much, you have no idea!"

"You wouldn't have been missing me so much if you hadn't left," she says playfully but that statement makes me really guilty.

"Uhm, about that, I'm really sorry I left. I really didn't want to leave you here bu-" she cuts off my rambling.

"It's okay, I understand. Don't beat yourself up," she reassures. I pass her a small smile of gratitude and we then both step into the car. She pulls out of the driveway and only then I realize that I have no idea where we are going.

"Hey Kozo, where are we going?" I ask her.

"Okay first we're going to the mall, shop around a bit, eat something
Secondly we'll be going to the park to chill and the last destination will be a surprise!" she gushes happily.

Oh no, this doesn't sound good. The last time she said that we'll be going to a "surprise destination" we almost got arrested for underage smoking, IN THE MIDDLE OF A PARK!

"I hope this time we don't get in trouble with the police," I mumble under my breathe.

"What?" she asks, clearly not having an idea of what I just said.

"Oh, nothing," I say and she doesn't respond. I decided to connect my phone with the car speaker. I scroll through my songs and after a while I find the perfect song.

"What you doing?
Where you at?
Oh, you got plans?
Oh don't say that.

I'm sipping wine
In a robe
I look too good
To be alone,"

We sing at the top of out lungs. I'm pretty sure the people driving next to us and the pedestrians think that we are crazy.

"My house clean
My pool warm
I just shaved
(smooth like a new born)"

A few minutes later, the mall comes into our view. Driving through the parking lot, we find a parking space pretty quickly surprisingly considering the mall being full.

We come out of the car, walk inside the mall and start our day. This will be interesting, mark my words.