Chapter 30

Chapter 30
Botle's Point Of View

I stepped out of the car as soon as we got home. I walked into the house and went straight up to my room. I slammed my door shut because I didn't want to speak to anyone as yet.

I walked up to my wardrobe to pick out an outfit for my "date" later on. Should I even consider it as a date?

I was holding an oversized t-shirt on my right arm and a blue sequin dress on my left arm when my door burst open.

"Haibo, why are you looking through your wardrobe? Where are you going?" My mother asked as soon as she noticed the clothes in my arms.

"Uh, why are you asking?" I replied, feigning cluelessness as I continued to look for an outfit. I don't even know if I should wear casual or something?

"Don't play dumb with me, you are obviously looking for an outfit to go somewhere," she said as she closed the door and folded her arms.

"Oh really? Anyway, why are you in my room? Do you need something?" I asked, trying to divert the conversation to something else.

"This is my house. I can come in here whenever I want," she said, sounding annoyed. Wow, what happened to privacy?

I slowly turn around and give her a stern look. "Mom, please. I'm being serious," I said, an exhausted sigh leaving my lips.

"So am I, but anyway I wanted to speak to you about what happened today," she said, curiosity practically dripping from her mouth.

I walk over to my bed, carefully laying down the clothes I picked out, taking a seat next to them and then facing my mother.

"What happened today?" I asked.

"You know what happened. What were the Rodriguez's talking about earlier on?" She asked as she sat down next to me.

"Uhh I— what do you mean?" I softly replied while playing with my hand in nervousness.

"You know exactly what I mean. I won't ask again," she said, giving me a stern look.

"Where do I even start?" I mumbled quietly after I sighed.

"Oh, I want to know something first before you start explaining. What happened at that house?" She asked.

"Eish mama," I mumbled while rubbing my next.

"Don't 'eish mama' me. Start talking!" She raised her voice a bit.

"Okay okay, let me start from the beginning..." I told her everything from the moment where dad and I had an argument up until what had happened after church. If you're wondering, yes I also mentioned the kiss Josh and I shared. Technically it was a make-out session but she doesn't need to know that.

"You do realise that this is the same Josh that broke your heart some time ago?" She asked as she looked at me as if I had lost my head.

"I know ma bu—" she cut me off.

"There are no buts here. Why are you still hanging around him? Do you want to land yourself in another heartbreak? Ebile, what were you talking about today with him?" She threw questions at me. (In fact)