Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Botle's Point Of View:

I arrived home in about 30 minutes after I left Josh's home. My heart was still beating quite fast from when we were caught kissing in the kitchen.

I opened the front door and walked through it.

"Where were you?" I heard my mother's voice before I could properly close the door. There she stood, in the hallway with an apron around her waist. Hmm, smells nice in here.

"I-i was at school," I responded in a low voice.

"Really? And what did you do at school?"

"I— uhm," I couldn't find the words to reply to her. She looks too calm for my liking.

"I asked you a question, answer me."

"Mom, I—" she cut me off.

"Why did I receive a message from your school saying that you were absent? Where the fuck were you Botle, I'm not going to ask you again," Okay, I'm fucked.

"I was at Joshua's," I lowly said, playing with my hands.

"Joshua? Joshua Rodriguez?" She angrily asked. I just simply nodded.

"What were you doing at his house?" What is this? An interrogation room?

"I wasn't feeling well and Jos—" she cut me off, once again.

"So you're telling me, because you were not feeling well, you decided to put your education on hold and bunk school. Are you stupid!?" She yelled at me. Why is she yelling knowing very well that I hate it when I'm being yelled at.

"No mom, I'm not stupid. It won't happen again, I'm sorry," I said, tears welling my eyes.

"Oh, no no no, you're not going to cry right now. What were you doing with that boy, huh?!" She asked, while folding her arms.

"N-nothing," my voice broke while trying to respond to her.

"Nothing? You're telling me hore you bunk school with a boy for no reason at all? Just for the fun of it?" She sarcastically said. (that)

"No, we watched movies then we had lunch a-and then his parents came over then I left," I told her. Well, I somewhat told her the truth.

"Oh? So you were watching movies with the boy that caused you depression? The same boy that made you want to end your life?!" She again, said in a sarcastic tone.

"Mom, please don't..." My voice cracks as my tears fell down my face.

"Tell me, do you enjoy falling into depression huh? Wanting to end your life because of a boy, is it enjoyable!?" I flinch at the tone she used as well as her words.

"Go to your room," she said after a few moments while sighing. I quickly ran up to my room as soon as she said that and locked the door. I slid down again the door as I buried my head in between my knees, silently crying.

A knock from the door caught my attention. I stood up, I wiped my tears and cleared my throat so it doesn't sound like I'm crying in case one of my siblings is behind the door.