Chapter 18

Chapter 18:

Botle's Point Of View:

I've been thinking about Joshua for the rest of the school hours. Like, why did he say I'm his when he clearly broke up with me a few years ago? He honestly confuses me.

We were now on our way home. I, again, was silent in the car while my siblings were busy yapping about how their day was.

After what felt like a long drive, we arrived home. I was the first to walk out of the car and walk straight to the house. Luckily my parents aren't home yet. Yay, that means I don't have to face dad now.

Walking into my bathroom, I take off my school uniform and take a quick shower. When I was done, I stepped out of the bathroom with a towel around my body, walked over to my closet, took out a random shirt and boxers then put them on. If you're wondering, I got my boxers from the men section, not my "boyfriend".

I walked towards my bed, pulled the covers and as soon as my head hit the pillow, I fell into a deep slumber.

---

Ring! Ring!

I wake up to my phone ringing. I groan as I move my hands around looking for my phone with my eyes still closed. When I finally found it, I answered the phone call without even checking the caller ID.

"Hmm."

"Aww, has sleeping beauty fallen into slumber?" I recognised Dan's voice from the phone. Oh, so he's the fucker that woke me up.

"Fuck off," I managed to croak out. He then chuckled.

"Oh, that's very nice of you to say," he sarcastically said.

"Dan, go fuck yourself with a ruler. You woke me up from my sleep and you know how much I value my sleep," I reminded him.

"Okay baby, I'm sorry. Forgive me for waking you up?" He said in such a cute voice that I couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

"You're forgiven," I give in.

"I'm so honoured! Actually that's not why I called. What homework did we have for Business again?" He sheepishly asked. His question made me burst out laughing. He is such an idiot. 

"You're such an idiot at times. It's page 24, the whole page," I replied to him.

"The whole page? Yo, that's a lot," He complained.

"You chose to take that subject, deal with it." He chuckles at my statement.

"Alright Alright. Lemme quickly do my work then I'll call you when I go to sleep."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye baby."

After we hung up, I got out of bed and walked out of bed. I picked up my phone to check the time and it was 7:28pm. Might as well go downstairs and face the music.

As I walked downstairs, I saw my mother and father were in the living room watching TV. I wonder where my idiots of siblings are? Anyway, I walked into the living room and sit down on the couch.

"Dumelang ma le papa," I greeted them. (Hello mom and dad).

"Hello Nana," my mother replied and my father just hummed in acknowledgement.

"Hau papa? Le nou o kwatile?" I asked. (But dad, you're still angry?)

"Let's talk about this male friend of yours," He started. Oh wow, he just completely ignored my question? Okay then.

"Okay."

"Tell me, how did you meet this friend of yours?" was the first thing he asked.

"Uhm, we met at McDonald's when you sent me to buy food," I truthfully replied.

D"So we send you to buy food and then you're busy with boys out there? Huh!?" He started yelling.

"Honey, calm down. Nana you don't have to answer," my mother said.

Ignoring her, I answered my dad: "It was unintentional. I bumped into him then we just started talking. He's not bad."

"He's not bad? The same way Joshua wasn't bad huh?" Okay that was a long blow but let me just keep quiet.

"Okay this is enough now. Tshepo, you're being irrational now. You can't be upset just because she has a guy friend," my mother tried to reason with him.

"Do you want your daughter to go through depression again because of a dick?" He angrily asked.

"Dad— what?" I whispered out. By now tears started streaming down my face. He turned his attention to me and saw that I have tears in my eyes. His angry demeanor softened as he saw my face.

"Botle I'm sor—" I stormed out of the living room before he could even finish his sentence and ran to my room. I locked the door, slid my back on it and started sobbing. How could he have said that? He knows that's a very sensitive topic and he decided to drop it as if it didn't even matter. I continued to cry until I had no tears left in my eyes. I stood up, strolled to my bed and went under the covers. I just stayed like that. I stayed still, looking at nothing in particular.

After a few moments, a knock came from my door. I didn't respond to the person behind the door. It's probably dad. The knock continued yet I did nothing.

"Honey, please open the door and talk to me."

"..."

I really wanted to open the door but what if my mom is behind the door with him?

As if reading my thoughts my mom said from the other side of the door: "He's not here. I gave him a taste of his own medicine and he's in the room now thinking about his mistakes. So please let Mama inside?"

I slowly took the covers off my body and walked to the door. I unlocked it and opened it so that my mom could get in. After she got in, I closed the door and locked it again. As soon as I finished locking, my mother pulled me in a tight hug and the water work began working again. I let it all out as I sobbed in my mother's embrace. After crying so much my mother laid me and the bed, pulled the bed covers over my body and kissed my forehead.

"I'm sorry about what your father said. He only wants what's best for you. I'm really sorry you had to go through what you went through at such a young age but I promise you, you'll get over it. Your dad and I both love you. Stay strong my baby," She said as I fell asleep once again.