Chapter 12

Chapter 12:

Botle's Point Of View:

After being in that boring class, Kozo and I headed into our Physics class. When we reached the class we walked over to the desks that were in the middle and took our seats on the chairs.

As soon as the class settled down, the teacher, Mr. Martinez, started introducing the subject to the class. Just after he started his lesson, the door burst open but I didn't have the strength to look over there so I kept my face in my book.

"Great impression of being late on the first day Mr Rodriguez," said Mr. Martinez. Rodriguez? No no no, not today, I thought. I still kept my face on my book as I was too nervous to look at the door.

"Sorry Sir, won't happen again," by the sound of the voice I knew for sure that, that was Joshua standing at the door. I heard footsteps walking over to the empty desk on my right, a chair being pulled and Josh taking his seat.

I looked to my best friend on my left, anxiousness written all over my face. She looked at me and passed me a sympathetic smile. I sighed and faced my book, pretending as if I was reading.

I tried to blink my tears away and it worked. I tried my best to put my focus on the teacher but I couldn't because Joshua was so close to me and it affected me so much.

During the lesson, he was trying to push his desk to mine. After almost 3 minutes his desk was in direct contact with my desk and was really close to me now. Surprisingly, that's all he did during the lesson. I actually thought that he would talk to me or something, not that I wanted to talk to him, at all.

After what felt like a lifetime, the siren finally rang. I quickly packed my books, stood up and rushed to the door but with my luck I got pulled back by my arm.

"Botle," Josh said. I completely ignored him, pulling my arm out of his grasp, to which I failed miserably because he was stronger than me.

It was funny how he's half-Indian half-Italian but pronounced my name so gracefully. I loved how my name rolled on his tongue. What? I'm not supposed to be falling for his charms, he hurt me. Am I going crazy? I thought.

I looked around the class to check if my best friend was around so that she could rescue me from him but as I said, with my weird luck, nobody was here. Not even the flippen teacher.

"Let go of me," I said to him without facing his direction. My voice betrayed me by cracking at the end of my statement.

"I won't let go of your arm until you look at me," he said, his ego dripping from his tongue. Hesitantly, I turned my body around but I still didn't meet his gaze.

"Look me in the eye," he said, softly. I shook my head and kept looking at the interesting floor. He then suddenly put his hand under my chin and pulled my head up to look at mesmerizing eyes that always seemed to take my breath away. As soon as my gaze met his, my eyes beamed with tears and a lone tear fell from my left eye. His facial expression went from cocky, to remorse as he saw the tears in my eyes.

He softly said: "I'm sorry I hurt you. I know not any amount of words I say can make you forgive me but I want you to know how sorry I am. It was stupid of me to say things like that to you 2 years ago and humiliate you in front of the whole school. I promise you that I will prove to you how sorry I really am. Even though I don't deserve it, I really hope you forgive me." By the end of his speech, the waterfall from my eyes was freely flowing. I wanted to forgive him, I really did, but the amount of hurt he has given me cannot overlook the fact that he hurt me. I stayed silent, not knowing what to say.

He sighed, softly wiped my tears and said: "Meet me in the parking lot after school." I closed my eyes as he left sparkles on my face when he kissed my cheeks then he was gone. I opened my eyes and suddenly felt cold as he just left.

I followed my way out after him and quickly walked to the bathroom. Luckily no one was here. I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked horrible. My eyes were red and puffy, my face was also red, I had eye bags under my eyes and I looked identical to a Zombie. I quickly wiped my tears and walked out. I reached my Afrikaans class and it looks like I was late. I was going to kill Josh for making me late for class, I thought.

"Oh? Ms. Mollo, nice of you to join us in the middle of this lesson, on the first day," Mrs. Johnson said, sarcastically. I ignored her and walked to the seat next to my best friend and sat down.

"Kids these days and their hormones," the teacher mumbled out, loud enough for the class to hear her. I decided not to pay attention to what she just said and keep quiet. Looked like Joshua wasn't in this class. Either that or he just didn't come to class. I was thankful though because If I had to face him after what happened in the physics class, I wouldn't be able to bear it.

Mrs Johnson sighed and said: "As I was saying, ek is Mev. Johnson. Soos u weet, sal ek u Afrikaans -onderwyser vir die res van die jaar wees. [I am Mrs. Johnson. As you know, I will be your Afrikaans teacher for the rest of the year].

Mrs. Johnson was a plump woman with dirty blonde long hair. She looked about 5'6 and had a pale skin colour. Although she had an attitude, I hoped that she was not boring like the other teachers.

"Where were you? And why are your eyes red as if you were crying?" my best friend asked in a whispering voice.

"I-uhm, I was in the bathroom. My eyes are probably red because I'm tired?" I replied half-heartedly. I didn't exactly lie to her, I was actually in the bathroom and I was a bit tired.

She gave me a pointed look that said, "I don't believe you" but didn't ask any further. She sighed and focused on the lesson and I also tried to do the same.

One thing that kept going through my head though, was Joshua. For example, why did he want to meet me after school? Was it to embarrass me even further? Did he even mean it when he apologized? The list kept going on and on. I guess I'll just have to wait for after school to find out.