Chapter 26

Chapter 26.

Botle's Point Of View:

I'm woken up by sudden light shining on my face. Groaning, I pull the blanket covers over my head and turn away from the window.

"Hayi hayi hayi, wake up wena. How come you're asleep until this time? It's that phone of yours, ankere? It's busy keeping you up all night and you can't even wake up in the morning," my mom's voice booms through the room. (No no no)(you)(am I right?)

Yho yho yho, abazali, I thought. (Oh my word, parents!)

She pulls the blanket away from me with full force, the wind from the movement of the blanket makes me shiver in coldness. I start screaming out loud, trashing around the bed in a tantrum.

"I will slap you. Stop throwing a tantrum like your little siblings. At times you even act younger than they are. Go get ready, we need to go to the mall to get some things for today's dinner, come on!" She says before she walks out of my room.

I search for my phone on the nightstand with my eyes closed until I feel it at the tips of my fingers. I grab it, opening my eyes to check the time and it reads 08:33. It's too early to be awake at this time, I'm sure not even the mall is open at this time.

Sighing, I get off the bed, walk into my bathroom and get ready for the day. I'll take longer to get ready because there is no way I'm going to the mall before 10:30, I thought.

After leaving my bathroom in a towel, I walk over to sit on my bed and check the notifications on my phone. I've received messages from Kozo and Dan. I'm surprised not to see a notification from the unsaved number. I'm used to receiving good morning messages from it. I open Kozo's inbox first and read the messages from her.

Kozo. <3
: Girl?
Sent at 07:46
: Let me guess, you're asleep?
Sent at 07:50
: Why am I not surprised?
Sent at 07:52
: Anyway guess what? >⁠.⁠<
Sent at 07:55
: I got a text from my crush. I'm literally on the floor. Ah, he's so cute!!
Sent at 07:56

Me
: Your crush? Who's that?
Sent at 09:10
: Morning by the way.
Sent at 09:11

She's never told me about her so-called crush before. Why hasn't she told me anything about him? Maybe she'll explain later.

Kozo. <3
: Ahh, as she rises from the dead!
Sent at 09:11
: That's not important. All you need to know is that he texted me and he's cute as hell.
Sent at 09:13

Okay, now why is she being discreet with this crush of hers? I wonder who it is.

Me
: Let me guess, he only said hi?
Sent at 09:14

Kozo. <3
: That, and something else. But that's not the point. The point is that he texted me.
Sent at 09:15

This girl is an idiot. I can't with her. She can really put a smile on my face. She's amazing, really. I then proceed to go to Dan's inbox after responding to Kozo's text with laughing emojis.

Danny. <3
: Morning baby, I wanted to ask... When should I be at your house?
Sent at 06:21

How come these people wake up so early? I can never wake up before 10am on my own. And didn't tell him to not call me baby anymore?