Chapter 15

Chapter 15:

Botle's Point Of View:

It was Tuesday which meant that I would be getting my surprise gift from Dan. I quickly got up and got ready for school. I finished showering and clothing in under 45 minutes. I sprayed my perfume, took my backpack and walked out of my room to go downstairs. By the time I reached the kitchen, I saw everyone has started eating before me, again. Sighs.

"Good morning!" I greeted my family excitedly.

"Morning," they mumbled out.

I took my seat and joined my family for breakfast.

"Uhm, mom?" I called out to her.

"Yes sweetheart?" She responded.

"Did you maybe, uhm, get something from the mail today possibly?" I asked, trying my best to be subtle.

"Nope, I didn't see anything. Were you expecting something?" She asked.

"Oh, no no no. It's nothing," I dismissed the topic.

The clicking of plates suddenly stopped and all heads turned to me.

"You're lying," stated Melu.

"Uh— no I'm not," I stuttered.

"Then why would you ask about the mail then say nothing," my father asked with his eyebrow raised.

"Because..." I trail off, not really having an excuse for why I lied.

"Ohh, did Dan get you something?" Beth excitedly asked. I received gasps from my mom, dad and Melu. My sister is a complete idiot. They weren't supposed to find out about him so soon.

"You are an idiot Beth," I stated, while rubbing my forehead with the pads of my fingers. She just shrugged and continued eating as if she didn't say anything to my family.

"Who the heck is Dan?"

"Is he your boyfriend!?"

"So you're not gay?"

They all asked at the same time. My dad looked genuinely confused. My mom looked so excited that she's about to blow. Well, Melu? He looked pissed.

"Mo— what? I'm not gay! And no, he's not my boyfriend. He's just a friend," I said. I most definitely did not want my parents to get the wrong idea about this.

Beth cleared her throat and said, "Your blush said otherwise yesterday."

"Yesterday!? Did you meet up with him yesterday!?" My father yelled at me.

"What? Dad no, he's in London. He just called me yesterday to check up on me," I told him.

"Oh okay. So tell us, how long have you been seeing this Dan?" She asked, still looking excited.

"Mom, he's been my friend for 3 months," I put emphasis on "friend" because this woman was not getting the idea.

"I want to meet this friend of yours," he said.