Chapter 31 | Crushed

"T-that monster! How dare he come to me after all he's done to me... he... he ... I can't say it, Temari-chan please, I beg you ... get this demon away from me!" She cried out as tears began to spill over. Her breath never slowing down. She was in full on panic. You had never seen her like this before. She had always tried to be strong, even to a fault.... Why was she suddenly so upset and afraid... of you of all things?

But then suddenly the mocking words of Sasuke rung through your head and you knew... maybe not the exact details... but enough to know what happened. You bowed your head to hide the tears brimming your eyes. You glared angrily at the ground as you muttered, "Tch...damn that bastard Uchiha." You quickly left the door, slamming it behind you to the complete bewilderment of your siblings. You stormed down the hall and veering off into the nearest bathroom as you shut the door you slid down to the floor. The tears now falling freely down your cheeks. So quiet...

"Why... why is there always something in the way... Why couldn't he have just let her be... why does this... why does this have to hurt like this..." You spat angrily through your tears. You bowed your head into your knees with your hands clutching your chest. It felt like your chest was on fire, like the rug had been ripped out from under you. You didn't know what you were expecting, that bastard warned you... but some part of you hoped it was a bluff, or that Miku would see through the genjutsu and know that you would never hurt her... but it's too late. She thinks you're a monster. "A demon..." You spat venomously.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Gaara... I need to speak with you," Temari said urgently to you. You look up from your desk and gave her slight nod to keep going. Temari had been the only one to visit Miku while she continues to recover in the hospital. You had buried yourself in work and tried to forget the incident altogether. It was fruitless anyways, she literally thinks you're a demon.

"She finally told me what you did... or at least what she thinks you did. After what you told me yesterday what that bastard threatened you with I've finally figured out what happened. All those memories that she had with that bastard, every bad thing he had ever done and then some – was replaced by you Gaara." Temari said angrily.

"I can't believe him... I just – ugh – if he wasn't dead already I would kill him again – a thousand times brother!" She cried out in frustration as she tugged at her own hair with her hands.

"It's fine Temari, I figured as much. It can't be helped now." You said coldly as you glanced back down at your papers.

"G...gaara... what's wrong with you? Ever since she said those things to you you've been acting so differently. Don't tell me now you're giving up on her!" She said with tears in her eyes. You felt a cold sting on your cheeks suddenly.

Your hand shot up to cover the spot. Since when has she ever been able to land a hand on you. "Temari! What is the meaning of this?!" You shouted angrily as you stood up and hovered over her. Both your eyes fiercely glared into the others.

"She gave up so much for you, she's been right in front of you loving you for so long. And you want to give up now? We can find someone to heal her. We can tell her what really happened, we can – we can," She rambled on before you grabbed ahold of her shirt roughly cutting her off.

"Miracles don't happen, and certainly not for me. No one we know can undo a genjutsu that powerful to change memories even outside the jutsu's time, without the culprit still alive to maintain it. You just have to accept that. We were never meant to be Temari, it was never going to happen. It doesn't matter, nothing matters," You growled as you shoved her away and sat back down in your chair. Your ran your hands roughly through your head as your head sunk down.