Chapter 23- Is this real?

Felicity woke up in a room which she recognized as hers, though in a way, she didn't know where she was. She didn't know why she was here, or where she was. But if she really thought about it, she knew exactly where she was. It felt so unreal. It felt like she's a toy in a dollhouse.

Felicity sat up, looking around the room. Everything seemed so foreign. The bed underneath her seemed like something she had never seen before. Why was she doing this? Why was she in a bed? Her hands were placed on the sides of her hips. She raised them carefully, pinching her left hand to make sure she- this was real. She felt like she had been captured, placed in this world against her will and everything around her was fake. She noticed a breeze on her right arm, and looked over at the body beside her. She recognized him as Oliver, someone she loved. But she felt like she didn't know him at all in the same intention. She wanted to make sure he was real.

"Oliver?" Felicity whispered, leaning forward just a touch.

Oliver's eyes fluttered open and he smiled, realizing it was just Felicity.

"Hi," Oliver's voice was raspy, the way she remembered it.

Felicity didn't say anything, taking in the moment. She felt like Oliver and everything else in this room- world, was a minion or a robot, programmed to do certain things. She felt like she was the only real, living thing.
Oliver noticed her tension and a look of worry sprung on his face.

"Felicity, whats wrong." Anxiety filled Oliver's chest as he looked into her confused eyes.

"What? Nothing." She didn't want to tell him. She didn't want to worry him.

"Felicity, Im not stupid." Oliver's eyes peered into hers, trying to read her emotions.

"I don't know. I woke up, sat there for a few minutes, then sat up. And I got a little dizzy for a while. Its hard to explain but I.. feel like Im the only real thing. Everything else seems fake. It feels like I'm in a dollhouse. It sounds ridiculous." Felicity's gaze traveled to her hands as she fidgeted with the blankets.

"No, Felicity its not ridiculous. Its called derealization. Its when you feel like nothing is real, everything around you is fake. Its okay," Oliver grabbed Felicity, holding her tight in his strong arms. She felt at ease knowing she wasn't going crazy and that she was safe in her mans arms. She closed her eyes, drowning in the moment and let out a small smile.

------------

Thea unpacked a box, setting the banners and balloons on the table.

"What kind of cake does Oliver like?" Roy glanced over at Thea, waiting for a response as he checked his phone.

"Uhm I don't know. Just get chocolate ice cream cake," Thea put the empty box on the floor and motioned for Roy to get organized.

Thea sent Felicity a text
"Almost done unpacking stuff. Come set up w/ me?"
"Be there in a few"

Thea smiled at the thought of Felicity. For once, she actually liked one of Ollie's girlfriends. Plus she made him so happy. The way Oliver looks at her when she isn't looking could bring something deceased back to life. She felt close to Felicity, like she was her best friend. There was something about her that made her seem extremely trustworthy and there was a side of her that was all serious beneath all that bubbly, babbling, funny girl.

"Bye!" Roy yelled, glancing behind him as he walked out the door, bumping into Felicity down the hall.

"Oops, sorry. Y'know I should really be more careful, I'm always getting banged." Felicity scrunched up her face, realizing how wrong that sounded and looked the other way then quickly looked back at Roy, blushing a little. "-Not like that. You know what I mean." Felicity continued, "Okay Im going to stop in 3..2..1," Felicity whispered and turned the other way bolting to the door, trying to forget how awkward she was.

"Hey!" Thea body slammed Felicity into a hug. "Roy's getting the cake. Since the party is like a day away, we need to make this snappy." Thea dragged Felicity over to where she had the unpacked boxes, proudly showing her the decorations.

"Great. I don't think he suspects a thing. I didn't mention anything, I hope he doesn't think I forgot about his birthday." Felicity watched Thea scramble to put the things back into the box.

"Nonsense," Thea set the heavily packed box on the table closest to the door so that they could take it to Verdant tonight and set everything up.

"Are you going to get him anything?" Thea touched Felicity's shoulder, interested in her response.

"I don't know. Theres not much that he wants." Felicity turned away, heading to the door, ready to put the boxes into her car. Although she had gotten Oliver something, but Thea couldn't know.

Felicity shot Dig a text,
"Dig, is the coast clear?"

Dig was supposed to be keeping Oliver busy so that they could put the decorations in Felicity's car without him seeing.

"Yep," Digs text was a little slow, probably trying to hide his phone from Oliver.

"Thea, come on!" Felicity grabbed a box in each hand, struggling to position them evenly so that they wouldn't fall and spill down the stairs.

Thea came running after her, trying to keep up and stumbled a bit on the first step, almost dropping everything. They bolted around the corner and out the front doors, speeding into Felicity's car. They drove to Verdant, which was closed for today and tomorrow so that they could set this up, and have the party.

Thea set one of her boxes on top of Felicity's already too full arms so that she could have a free hand to unlock the doors to Verdant. Felicity took one hurried step inside, staggering for a table and missing by two feet. Two boxes flew out of her arms and everything inside the box scattered all over the floor. Felicity let out a heavy sigh, setting the one box she still had in her grasp on the table. She bent down to pick up all the decorations and packages, as Roy came in, holding a white box-the cake.

"Felicity!" Roy yelled from across the room, slowly making his way towards her. He set the cake down on the table beside another box and bent down to help Felicity. Thea joined too, making it much quicker.

"Okay we've gotta get started. This has to be done by tomorrow!" Felicity grabbed a banner out of the box that read 'Happy Birthday Ollie' in big bold, colourful writing. "Can you get me a chair please?" Felicity walked over to a pole, waiting for a chair.

"Hold on a minute," Thea scrambled for a chair, bringing it to Felicity. "Here,"

Felicity stepped on it and pinned the banner on the pole. She hopped off off the chair, and slid it over, walking a short distance to another pole that was across the room. She pinned the other side of the banner up, taking a step away to examine her beautiful hanging skills.

Thea walked over to the DJ stand and hung a banner above all the equipment, which read 'Partaaay'

Roy dug through the boxes, finding the candles and put them in the fridge on top of the cake box. Then he rooted through the boxes again, finding decorations and placing them around the bar with care.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 2K+ VIEWS. SORRY FOR THE WAIT WATTPAD DELETED MY ENTIRE CHAPTER THAT I WAS JUST ABOUT TO UPDATE SO I HAD TO REWRITE IT. Im sorry if the beginning is a little confusing, I tried my best to explain it. OLIVER'S BIRTHDAY IS SOON. EXPECT SOME ROMANCE SCENES, A SPECIAL SURPRISE FROM FELICITY, AND A LOT OF KISSING. PLEASE DONT BE SCARED TO COMMENT. XO