Chapter 40- Written in stone

"What are you doing here?!" Caitlin asked, looking at Laurel surprised. She hadn't warned them she was coming or anything, she decided to show up without telling anybody- that way it was more of a secret.

"Its kind of important," Laurel walked in closer to Barry, Caitlin and Cisco. "Do you remember how Felicity was hospitalized a while back, because of her father?" She tried not to explain what was in the past too much. "He and his buddy beat up some guards and are on the lose. We're all worried about Felicity. I just wanted to tell you incase we need your help," She spat it out quickly, pausing, looking into Barry's eyes deeply. He could see her concern, it was present in her voice too. "Don't tell them I came here, but I think we might need your help soon. Just a heads up."

Caitlin walked closer to Laurel, setting her hand on her shoulder, "Thanks. If you ever need anything remember that we're always here." She gave a half smile, tipping up the corners of her lips but keeping her facial expression worried.

-------

"Well, do you know where those bastards put it?" A dark, tall man leaned over another, inspecting his facial expression and the toy he had on his lap.

"No. It was in my apartment for fuck sakes. When they escaped, everything was taken for evidence." He spoke, turning the toy around, looking at all of the angles.

"Well then what does that do?" The other man touched it, looking at the small buttons on the face.

"Not sure. Ive only used this one," He pointed to a blue button on the top right corner.

"And?" His voice was coarse and he fidgeted with it, getting impatient.

"How am I supposed to know? All that she did was grab her head and scream. It was getting annoying so I left and turned it off after a while."

"Well maybe it makes her hear something? Maybe something loud and painful?" He smiled, looking up at his partner. "And how do you know that it wont work with any computer? Cant you just reregister it with another?" He clasped his hands together, warming his hands by the touch. The cold night air froze the tips of their fingers.

His expression changed, feeling a bit excited. "I could! Oh my god this actually might work!" He pressed the blue button, trying to start some distraction while he would look for a computer. "Start the clock, 45 minutes."

The other man agreed, setting the clock, and spoke softly, "If only Felicity were here. She would know.."

----

Digg stood in front of Felicity, who was on the other side of the counter at Verdant, on the side where the bartender would serve drinks. "What would he want, better to live in jail then on the streets," Digg looked at Oliver, who was beside him, then back to Felicity.

Felicity's face suddenly went pale, her lips turning pale as well. Her heart raced and her chest filled with anxiety. Her throat had a burning sensation and her vision started to be clouded, with blotches of random colours, like clouds. She started to topple over, grabbing at the counter, trying to steady herself.

"Felicit-" Oliver spoke softly, reaching his hand out to her. But before he could reach her, she turned around, running straight for the garbage can and hurled.

Oliver and Digg ran around the counter, and over to where Felicity was crouched over the garbage can. Oliver set his hand on her back, letting her know that he was there. She stood up again, wiping her mouth.