Chapter 49-Another Brick in the Wall

"What?" Oliver said, shocked.

"I'm pregnant." She repeated, a little faster this time, wanting to get it out and this be over with so she can get back to her normal life.

Oliver tried to read her expression to see if she was happy or not. But all he got was a blank stare. He didnt say a word about his feelings yet, instead he asked her how she felt. "is that good or scary?"

Her gaze deepened and she responded softly, "both, i guess." she paused for a second when she felt a prick of wetness fall down her cheek. This was all so.. sudden? "I mean if we're ready then its great but it wasn't planned Oliver. And we cant have people thinking we only got married because of the baby."

Oliver grabbed her hand firmly, not breaking his gaze, "nobody's going to think that, Felicity. Plus, it only matters what we know."

Felicity opened her mouth to speak, but was interrupted by the sound of a man scuffing his feet. She looked over to her left to see a man in his mid to late 50s walking towards them.

He was wearing dark blue jeans, a dark gray shirt and a black coat with thick black leather gloves.

A man clearly not caring to hide his face let his black jacket slide away from his waist, revealing a gun strapped to his side, as he walked up beside Felicity, eyeing her directly as if he hadn't randomly just picked her out of a crowd.

He took a second to pause and set his body toward Oliver, looked hatefully stern at him, then without any speech he gripped Felicity's arm as tightly as he could with one hand, which caused her to scream and shake violently.

She couldn't even look at Oliver, but she felt this mans grip loosen and tighten and pull her around some.

"What the hell?!!" Oliver whispered only so that Felicity could hear and his Arrow side kicked in. He threw a punch at the mans face, which he unexpectedly declined by laying a grip on Oliver's wrist that was just as strong as the one he had on Felicity. An excruciating pain began to creep up Oliver's arm which made even Oliver cringe and yell out.

And for some strange reason, nobody seemed to hear them.

Oliver slowly managed to get loose from his grip but his arm burned like hell. He rolled up his sleeve to reveal a nasty 3rd degree burn that had begun to creep its way up his arm. A rush of adrenaline hit Oliver. Felicity had been burnt much worse and for much longer than him. He looked up at her but she hadn't even seen him get loose. She was still in the mans grip and in far too much pain to stop.

But then Oliver had a though. Another rush of adrenaline and another reason just as well to get this creep off of Felicity. Their baby was held inside of her who could now be jeopardized. Oliver had always dreamed of finally, somehow, settling down with a woman he truly loved and creating a well put together family. He had always dreamed of this life.

With a snap back into realization he swiftly kicked the man as hard as he could, sending him staggering a little. He quickly latched on to Felicitys arm even harder than the man did and pulled her up with all of his force. She was free.

Oliver knew she must be in incredible pain. He lifted her off the ground and quickly made sure she was comfortable before booking it across the street into the traffic where they lost sight of the man. 

But the second that he rounded the corner of the street, so close to home that he could smell Felicitys candles, the man had suddenly appeared from nowhere, as if it was magic. He placed a strong, burning hand around Olivers throat, causing him to immediately drop Felicity and go limp. His airway was totally blocked off and he couldn't get a single breath in his lungs no matter how hard he tried.