Chapter 38- Security footage

"How did he escape! How is this even remotely possible, aren't prisoners monitored and checked and theres security guards and cameras and-" Felicity stopped, realizing that she was rambling. And Digg and Oliver exchanged worried looks, feeling for Felicity.

Digg walked over to be closer to her. He was like her brother, and she loved him a lot, in a different way than Oliver. He came up behind Felicity, staying near the left side of her as she stood near her computers. He placed his right arm around hers, and she automatically turned into him, burying her wet face into his shirt.

"Im calling lance," Oliver sounded mad, because of course he was. He walked a few feet closer so that they could hear clearly. Felicity didn't move, she just kept her face buried as her body shook. The phone rang twice before Lance picked up. The voice coder was on, so he was talking as the Arrow.

"Hi," Quentin spoke into the phone subtly, knowing that it was the Arrow.

"Got any leads on Felicity's father?" His voice was already harsh sounding, and with the voice coder it sounded 10 times worse.

"Tell her to come over. Im at my house, I'm sure you already know where it is. She can bring someone if she wants, If it makes her feel better."

"Felicity," Oliver spoke softly, looking Digg in the eyes and placing his hand on Felicity's back. She turned around, wiping her tears and picking up her glasses from the table, hoping that she wouldn't cry anymore.

Oliver brought her in for a long hug, and when they parted he still kept his arm around her. "Did you hear what he said?" Oliver rubbed the tip of his thumb across her arm. She was still wearing his jacket which was big on her.

"Mhm," Felicity mumbled, as she went over to grab her purse.

"Im coming," Digg jogged to the stairs, trying to catch up to them. Felicity was walking slow and Oliver was trying his best to guide her up the stairs and out to the dark streets.

They hopped in the van, Digg driving and Oliver and Felicity were in the back talking.

"What if they don't find him," Felicity stumbled on her words, gulping down a bunch of air and looked Oliver straight in the eyes. "What if he finds me?"

Before replying, he set his hand on her jaw, extending it to her eyes and whipping away the faded drops of mascara that was running down her cheeks. "They will, we will find him," Oliver tried to sound convincing, but even he wasn't sure how it was gonna happen. "Ill be with you, Digg will be with you, you're safe." At least he hoped that she was safe.

Digg pulled on the side of the road about 50 feet away from his house so that Lance couldn't see the license plate. They all got out, walking anxiously towards his house.

Digg rang the doorbell, and Quentin answered within seconds, almost like he was waiting at the door.

"Hi, come on in,"  He gestured a welcome and held the door open for all of them. He noticed that Felicity was clinging to Oliver as she spoke, "Hi, thanks," Felicity looked into Lances eyes and all that he could see was hurt, betrayal and a terrified, sad looking girl. It was obvious that she'd been crying. Her eyelashes were wet and there was still very faint traces of makeup which was smeared the slightest bit.

They freely walked to the couch, taking a seat.

"Dad, who's here?" Laurels voice sounded from another room.

"Laurels here?!" Felicity asked alarmed, frantically taking off her glasses and whipping her tears away. She took out her phone quickly and used it as a mirror, fixing any makeup that had been noticeably shifted or wet. She slipped her glasses back on and slid her phone in her purse at the same time that Laurel walked in.