Chapter 1

Freya's POV

"Oh god!! I can't understand why dad wants me to take over the company," I said while expressing my frustration towards my brother, Noah.

Noah could only nod to my dissatisfaction even though he couldn't care less about what I'd just said. Although Noah is five years older than me, my father trusted me more due to my great academic background and how I always dealt with the family's business seriously. On the other hand, my brother had his life quote: "live while we're young since you only live once". In other words, he likes to break the rules, party all day long, and get his freedom from my father's nagging.

My father continues with his advice, "after you graduate, prepare to take care of the business since I'm getting old and rusty," my father implied jokingly.

I can't deal with my father's jokes sometimes. Seriously, I am too young to take over the company, especially when the business makes your family become one of the world's richest. The pressure will be too much for me to handle since I will be alone, seeing that my brother has no interest in the business.

If I were to take over the company, I would have to spend the rest of my life without discovering the real definition of life. What about my girlfriend? Who is going to provide them? Although my parents support me being a lesbian, I have little experience with girls due to constant pressure from my parents to do well at university. I don't want to spend my life alone until I'm old—that sucks. I want to be independent and care for my own life without my family's privilege. I don't want to waste my degree in pharmacy and throw away all the efforts that I worked for.

That's right, I took pharmacy as my major, and it's been my dream to work at a pharmaceutical company. Suppose I take part in my family's business. In that case, all my effort and hard work will go in vain because I dream of becoming a pharmacist.

Despite my countless application to several pharmaceutical companies and hospitals, they didn't want to accept me as their employee, mostly due to my lack of experience. I remember that you need ten years of experience to become an employee.

"How can I get ten years of experience when I am still 24 years old? Can you be reasonable and lenient for once?" I feel frustrated while looking at the job requirements. But I need to calm myself because I don't want to give up on my dream. If I gave up searching for my ideal job, it literally meant that I had no choice but to take over my damn family business. So, I test my luck by applying to one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies. I had never tried this company before because I heard the acceptance rate is as little as a pinch of salt. Meaning you have little to no chance of getting the job.

"Finger cross for me getting the job," I laughed absent-mindedly.