Chapter 14

⚠️!Early warning for acts of violence!⚠️

Freya's POV

I was angry at Lyra, but at the same time, I was relieved that my father had arranged my engagement with Lyra. But I need time to figure out if I want to be with Lyra cause I feel like I'm rushing my relationship, but oh well, every time I look into her, I fall for her even more. 

But still, I need to figure this out by myself before I commit to her, especially since I remember when my father wanted me to try to work independently without his help.

Later that day, Lyra called me again for the billion times. I guess she's worried about me being gone with no explanation. Sooner or later I have to meet her at work. I reckon I should call her back later. There are a lot of obstacles I need to figure out, and I can't help but feel tired.

Selena saw me sigh and asked me if I was okay. I don't want to reveal all my problems to her, so I tell her I'm stressed over work. Suddenly, she hugged me and said everything was going to be okay. She kept comforting me, and I stared at her and thanked her, but then she started to kiss me.

"What the hell are you doing?" I angered.

"I'm sorry, Freya. I thought you felt the same about me since you always open up and be vulnerable with me. I love you. Do you have someone else?" She kept going.

At that point, Lyra saw the whole moment right from the beginning, and I just realised her presence. She walked away from Selena and me, so I ignored Selena and ran after my baby, explaining everything. 

After my explanation, she silently nodded, and I could feel her soul leave her body when she was unresponsive to everything I said.

So I held her hands and brought us to her office for privacy. I tried to convince her that I had zero feelings for Selena, but she was still passive. For this reason, I need to confess my love to have her trust.

"I love you, Lyra! I love you so much! I kept denying this feeling for a long time, and I always reassured myself that the feelings I had for you before were only due to my admiration for you. But I was wrong, I love you lots, and I thought it was impossible to feel like this when we only met recently. I am so deep in love with you, and I would never look into others' eyes the way I look into your gorgeous eyes. Your brown eyes always glowed whenever you saw me, and all I saw was a glimpse of us being in love with each other. And this has been all long overdue, but I'm still going to ask anyway. Will you officially be my girlfriend, Lyra?" I let out myself.

She grabbed my neck with both hands and kissed me desperately for love. We kissed for a while until we tried to catch our breath as we both were out of it.

"Yes, baby! I will be your girlfriend! No more jokes now. Whenever we encounter obstacles, we handle everything together. And last but not least, I love you, baby! I always will, and I could never hate you. Even if you tried to break my heart, I would still love you, although it will hurt me to pieces" She set her mind.

"I will never intentionally break your heart cause your heart is way too precious for me. I can't promise you that I will never make you upset since we will fight with each other at some point in our life. If that happens, I want us to promise to always make up with one another and love each other even more." I voiced out my thoughts.

Lyra nodded and kissed me again as it felt like we had craved it for years, although we only met a month ago. She then tried to go further by sucking my neck, but I stopped her from doing it cause I know I can't control my thirst when I'm around her. She just groaned and rested her head on my shoulder. I kissed her forehead and reassured her that I also wanted to do the same thing. But I needed to talk to her about my career with her. So, I told her to go to my house later to talk about it.