Chapter 6

Lyra's POV

She looked cute when worried about me, but she's correct. I was really hungry and sad when I skipped lunch just to avoid seeing her eating with Selena.

Flashback to lunchtime

"Ma'am, it's lunchtime. Do you need anything to eat?" My secretary asked.

"No, you don't have to... I'm going to dine out today so enjoy your lunch!" I replied. I'm planning on eating with Freya cause she's all I'm thinking about, but when I searched for her table, she's not there. So I asked the employee next to her lab where she was. The employee said she was about to eat lunch at the fast-food restaurant next building. 

"I should go there and accompany her then," I said excitedly. Once I reached the fast-food restaurant, I saw Freya with that attention seeker! I guess I am late by one step now. I didn't want to embarrass myself by showing up at the restaurant alone, so I just left.

Back to the fancy restaurant

"Can I order a lot?" I requested sheepishly.

"Yes, you can order whatever you want, Lyra. Help yourself." Freya allowed.

"I order this, this, this and this," I said to the waiter while pointing at the menus.

"Wow, you sure are hungry...." Freya was amazed yet sympathized.

"Yeah, I am...." I ashamed.

"Are you that busy to the point you skipped your lunch?" She asked.

I didn't want her to know why I skipped my lunch, so I kept quiet.

"Hey, are you okay? You can talk to me, you know. I can be your friend to listen to your concerns." Freya suggested.

"But I don't want to be your friend...." I objected. Right then, Freya's expression hardened, and I reassured her that I wanted her to be more than my friend. She looked relieved but pretended not to know what I meant by that.

"You mean like best friends?" Freya said.

"You surely know what I mean?" I teased. Freya knows my intention and decides to tease me, saying she didn't understand what I meant.

"Please don't feel uncomfortable when I say this. I want to be more than friends for you, okay. I am always curious about you every day. I keep asking myself, have you eaten or not? What is she doing right now? Is she okay? I keep telling you that you will be mine, but I know you don't feel the same way when we cleared up about the fiance thing." I confessed.

I continued, "I still get dreams about you, and I don't know if I should tell you this, but I even make love to you in some of the visions. I cannot help but feel helpless. Whenever I see you, I keep imagining you with me, not just the wild parts but also my future with you. I don't want to make it awkward between us, but it's hard for me not to share it with you. And to answer your question, I did have time to eat my lunch, and I was planning on eating lunch with you, but when I saw you with Selena, I couldn't help but feel angry and sad. I mean, it's not your fault I felt this way because you are not mine for me to behave like this. So I just left the restaurant and went back to the company."

Then I was waiting for Freya to say something, but she kept quiet. So I just left the restaurant feeling dejected. But then I felt my arm pulled by none other than Freya, who turned my body to hug me tightly from the front. 

"Can we at least eat first before leaving? Please...." Freya begged.

So I obeyed her and went back. We just ate the food silently, waiting for someone to say something.