Chapter 17

🔞⚠️!!Warning for self-harm scenes (including suicide and sexual obsessions)!!⚠️ 🔞

Lyra's POV

The next day, Freya and I will visit her new company to tour their facilities. Before we went to work, I asked Freya if she had discussed the arranged marriage with her father, and she did tell her father about our misunderstanding but briefly. Perhaps, it is a good time to call our fathers and discuss it in detail. Freya suggested that we could video call them, and I agreed.

"Hey, princess!" Freya's father (Nicholas) greets her.

"Hello, father, and hello, Mr David!" She greets her father and my father.

"Hello to you both! I didn't know you both were together in the UK. What are you guys doing there?" My father questioned.

"I just accompany Freya with building the company she will lead," I responded.

"Oh, I see. To what pleasure are you guys calling us?" My dad queried. 

"The reason why we call you is to discuss our marriage. Is it okay if we postpone the date to early next year?" She suggested.

I realised my father looked sad and opposed our plan to postpone marriage during the video chatting. "Is there something that is bothering him?" I contemplated to myself. 

He wants us to promise him to get married before the end of the year, and that's non-negotiable. Nicholas also looks at him with pity and understands where he is coming from. Something is definitely wrong here. I might not be a good kid, but I am very observant, and I can tell something is bothering him.

"Understood, father. I will try to do it before the end of the year. But, may I know what is the rush?" I pondered.

"I want to see my only daughter marry and have kids, although that seems impossible. But nowadays, the world's technology is advanced to get you pregnant. So, I'm not worried." My father speaks. 

After we ended the video call, we went to eat our breakfast, followed by Freya's company. Freya was working, and she brought me with her to accompany her. She looked seriously hot when concentrating on her work and talking politely with her people, unlike me being bossy with my employees. I want to help her, but she's too focused on her work, and I need her attention.  

"Cupcakes, do you want me to do anything? Or you can ask me about something?" I advised.

She just smiled at me and let me rest. I'm so bored staying at her office doing nothing. Not until I had a brilliant idea on how to get her attention. I will make her want me as I want her right now. I started to walk in her direction and massage her shoulder to release her tension. She was distracted from her work when I slowly made the kneading more sensual than the original, and she hummed in response. 

"What are you doing, baby? Are you trying to distract me?" She was angered but not really.

"I only want to help my cupcakes relieve her tension. But if you don't want me to massage you, I should stop and sleep. " I pestered.

She told me to rest, and I felt disappointed that she rejected my kindness. At that instant, she noticed that I was quiet and went to my side. "Daddy is mad, is she?" She teased. 

I tried to hold my smile and stay silent, but not until she tried to tickle my armpits. "Stop it, cupcakes!" I giggled. 

"Don't be mad, baby. For your information, I don't like people who like to throw a tantrum." She teased.

"I'm not mad! I am just bored of doing nothing. I wish I could help you out." I felt unhappy.

Later, she pulled my hand and dragged me somewhere. She tried to take one of her books from her bookshelf in her office, and suddenly, I heard the bookshelf starts to move aside, revealing a secret bedroom.