Chapter 29

Lyra's POV

The day after our wedding ceremony, we went on our honeymoon to Bora Bora Island. To get there, we flew out using a private jet that Freya's father gave us as a wedding gift for the two of us. After landing in Bora Bora, we took a beach boat for 10-minute to the Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora. The view of the resort was magnificent as it was a private island with no other hotels. 

An outside bathtub looks nice, but we can still swim near the lagoon

An outside bathtub looks nice, but we can still swim near the lagoon. Then, there is a see-through tile to view the water underneath us. We wanted to have a tour of the resort and find some activities to do while we were at the resort. In the meantime, our bodies felt sluggish if we walked another mile because we had a long flight here. We rested until hi-tea time, and I woke my wife up to have some food before having fun. 

"Cupcakes, wake up," I kissed her forehead. "We should eat before we have a tour. You don't want to stay at the resort doing nothing, do you?" I asked her.

"Can't we just sleep a little bit longer? I'm still tired." She pouted.

"Fine, I will give you five more minutes before we leave and get to the restaurant nearby." I gave up.

So we continued napping until we slept for real without knowing what time it was. Three hours later, this time, Freya was the one who woke me up, and I was startled by her action. 

"What time is it, baby?" I panicked.

"No need to rush, Ly. We still got time to eat, although we might have missed the hi-tea session." She shrugged.

"Oh my god! We must go before we're late for our dinner reservation." I agitated.

"Oh, I didn't know you booked a reservation for us. I will be quick and change my clothes then." She ran to her unpacked suitcase. 

After five minutes of rushing ourselves to change clothes, we have to take a 2-minute boat ride to the main island and get to the restaurant. We kept jogging until we reached the restaurant and finally sat there. 

"Things just don't go the way you want them to...." I signed.

"Hey, baby, don't be upset over this. We can make it better tomorrow, I promise. So, now that we're here, we should enjoy our time eating good food, okay?" She lightened up my mood.

I just nodded, although I felt like something was not enough. I kept thinking over and over again about what was missing. We are here to have fun for our honeymoon, yet I feel like nothing's special happened for Freya and me.

So, I excused myself from Freya and went to the bathroom to make a call to her father. 

"Umm, hi Nic! Sorry to disturb you this late. I was wondering what does she like to do during her free time? Cause I feel like I am unprepared to plan out what kinds of activities we will do here. Do you have any suggestions?" I concerned.