Epilogue

Freya's POV

Five years later, Lyra and I still experienced the same thing as before. Our businesses kept on expanding to other parts of countries. Even though our companies make us busy, we promise to make time for the two of us and have our moments for a while. Now that I am almost 30 years old, I told Lyra I wanted to create a big family. Just like before, her response remains unchanged.

"Why don't you want baby, Ly? Aren't babies cute? Imagine having a little Lyra running around the house. It's going to be fun!" I persuaded my wife.

"Not going to happen, cupcakes. I am not going to share you with anyone. I think I will be jealous when you pay attention more to the child than me." She upset.

"Baby, you are not being real, are you? You don't have to be jealous of our child if that's what you are worried about. Of course, I have to focus on the child since they are young. But for you, I will never ignore you and love you any less. You are the love of my life, and I will never treat you like I don't want you anymore cause without you, I can't imagine living a happy life." I told her.

"Ughhh, cupcakes, why are you so romantic! I hate you for making me doubt my initial idea. I guess I will think about it. But, I am not going to promise you anytime soon, yeah. I still want you for myself only." Lyra claimed her rights. 

I laughed at how ridiculous and possessive she was with me, but I am not complaining since I love her attention towards me. She showed how much she loves me, although she likes to be discreet sometimes. So, in return, I love her back in a million ways and put more effort into showing her affection to reassure her that I feel the same way. 

As for our companies, Lyra became the big boss after her father's passing. Even now, I recall how she had difficulty accepting that her dad was gone, but she openly told me what she was feeling at that moment and let me be there for her. As one might expect, it was a really painful moment for her, especially when there was no one from her side of the family living in this world. Unlike myself, I am grateful to have my dad and brother looking healthy. I want her to feel that my family is now her family too. I reckon you can say that I want to have a baby cause I want to create a family with her. 

Whereas for my family's businesses, fortunately, my brother is awake from his so-called YOLO stage and responsible for taking over my father's position. Since he has no plan of marrying anyone, he wants to spend his time devoted to the business and learn some skills that could potentially improve our businesses. And for me, I gave my private company in the UK to Claire cause I don't want her to suffer anymore because of my family, mainly my dad. I remembered that after Claire told me about my dad, I confronted him and forced him to make an apology to my friend.

So now that I have handed over the company to my friend and the family's companies are finally stabilized, credited to Noah, my next step would be to retire from the business industry to focus on my family with Lyra. I discussed this matter with Lyra, and she respected my choice. However, Lyra still wants to work since she feels obligated to make the company successful and make her dad proud. I also appreciated her decision to continue doing business, but then I made her promise not to take it too hard on herself and let someone take over every once in a while.

"Okay, cupcakes. Deal! Since we're on the topic of my company, I have a candidate who will take over my minor companies." She excitedly mentioned.

"Ohh, who is it?" I am interested.

Then, she showed me a picture of a woman in her early 30s looking gorgeous but not as lovely as my wife. With curiosity, I asked her who is that woman. 

"She's a nobody, actually. Funny right? I just stumbled upon her CV when she tried to apply to be my personal assistant before, but I rejected her. But, looking at her work experience, I could tell she could be more than what she applied for. So, I interviewed her, and my guts told me I was right when she said she's had the experience of being a boss before, but her business went bankrupt because her father gambled the company's money." She smiled.