Chapter 24

Freya's POV

I think I was rude to Lyra when she came to my house. Why do I feel like I am a bad person? She just wanted to talk, but I rejected her. Maybe I should let her in. I ran back to the outside and saw her car was still there. So, I walked toward her car and knocked on her door. 

There I saw her crying nonstop, and I felt my heart aching like I was being stabbed. The world stopped for a second, and I only wanted to see her smile again. I really couldn't understand myself. I disliked her a minute ago, but now I have a soft spot for her in my heart. What is really happening to me?

When she clarified our relationship, I could feel my heart fluttering with excitement. I don't understand myself. So, I asked her why Claire wasn't there with me, and she looked unsettled. From that moment, she explained to me how she would let me go for me to be happy. I was flustered cause I didn't know how to react, but I was even more astonished when she kissed me on my forehead and bid me farewell. 

I was taken aback by her action, and instantly, I felt unhappy when she left me. Claire never makes my heart flutter as this woman did; it all went south when she's not here with me. I only have feelings for Claire, but she doesn't have an effect on my heart like how Lyra has an impact on me. 

I need to call my father and tell him what is going on with me. Later, he came by the house and told the story from a to z. I didn't know I had memory loss.

 "So, it's true then that I am about to marry Lyra?" I ensured.

"Yes, it's all true. I know it's been hard for you to understand this, plus your condition. But Lyra also has it hard knowing you were involved in an accident after leaving her side. She blames herself for what happened to you. She loves you so much, Freya." My father mentioned.

"I still remember how you fought with me because you wanted to marry her so bad and not Olivia," He recalled the moment Lyra and I had before.

"Oh! Who is Olivia, dad?" I confused.

"She's actually Lyra. They are the same person. Your fiance's name is Freya Olivia David. So we misunderstood about that, and we fought for nothing." He joked. 

"Hahaha, you guys are cute! So, tell me everything about her, please. I want to know more about her." I begged my father.

I spend my time trying to get to know Lyra, and I could already tell the way my father describes our relationship feels like we love each other so much. Maybe, I should give our relationship another shot. It's time to start something new and see how things lead us. I think there's nothing to lose here if we're meant to be. 

I have always been dreaming about having a relationship. Maybe the world is telling me that it's not about trying to fix the problem. Instead, we start over a new beginning and build something much better. I should go and find Lyra. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Lyra's POV

At my home

Lately, I've been trying to drown myself with alcohol to numb all the heartache that I feel right now. Although I am the one who decided to let Freya go, I am in denial to even let her go. Why can't I be happy together with her?

I consumed another shot of vodka to release the tension that had built up in my chest, and I had never felt so good. Yet, I still feel the emptiness that soon discouraged me from moving on. From then on, I continuously drank until I got drunk and slept afterwards. 

Shortly, the buzzer sound alarmed me to half-awake and helped me walk to the door. Then, I stared toward the door to see who is it and Freya was standing with her beaming smile of positivity. I smiled back at her and fell to the ground. I guess I'm dreaming again. Since I can't be with her, at least my dream still consists of her.