Chapter 16

Lyra's POV

"Good morning, baby. Do you get enough sleep?" She asked

"Well, not after what we did last night, so what are we planning on doing today?" I responded.

"Hmmm, we should have breakfast at my favourite restaurant cause I'm very familiar with this place," She said.

"Why is that, babe? Are you from here?" I questioned.

"Not really. I spent my time studying at Cambridge University, and I still remember having it hard due to how stressful it was. But thankfully, I have my best friend helping me out with my study and stopping me from procrastinating." She revealed.

"Ohh, where is your best friend now? Are you still close with them?" I interrogated her with a hint of jealousy.

"We were close back then.... but not until what happened a year ago when I confessed to my best friend about my feelings for her, but she ignored them. Then, the next thing, she kissed another girl. Now that I think about it, that was my first heartbreak, and it stings like crazy. I remembered that I've had it rough whenever I tried to confess to someone because of what happened. I'm scared that someone will reject me again. But anyway, I'm happy now that I get to meet you and call you my girl." She opened up.

I can only hug my cupcakes to comfort her and keep reminding her that she's perfect for me. "Well fuck her for ignoring you, but at the same time, I'm thankful for her cause if not, I would not be here with you. It is her loss for not accepting such a smart, sexy woman; most importantly, she's great in bed. What a whole package, now that I think about it! So baby, never feels like you're not enough and not perfect to someone cause to me, you are the perfect one for my life." I declared.

The next thing, she bawled her eyes out because of how I always make her feel special, but that's my job since I want to treat her like she's my one and only one that I love to my core.

Afterwards, we went showers together and had a quickie session in the bathroom before heading out to eat our brunch. Once we arrived at Freya's favourite restaurant, suddenly, someone called me by my name, and before I saw her face, I recognised her voice, and it was none other than my ex-girlfriend. The situation is going to be awkward.

——————————————————————————

Freya's POV

Who is this woman calling my girl like that!? I'm jealous, right, especially when she just called my girl by her name and more to that, she's beautiful like she can be one of Victoria's Secret models. Then, I saw Lyra's expression, and I could tell she felt disturbed and started fidgeting due to the girl's presence. Is she- no, she can't be her ex, is she? 

Right then, the girl begins calling her babe. Okay, now I'm starting to get the hint. She's one of her exes, so I excuse myself to the bathroom. 

Do I want to give them time to talk, or do I want to avoid seeing them together? Or maybe I'm just too insecure about being with them.

———————————————————————————

Lyra's POV

I was about to go after Freya cause I'd never told her about my ex before, but then my ex, Tasha, started to hold my hand tightly. "What do you want?" I annoyed.

"Well, nice to see you here? It's been a while since I saw you last time we fought!" Tasha exclaimed.

"What do you want, Tash!?" I angered.

"Isn't this destiny now that I see you? Maybe now is a good time to catch up on our lives. Or maybe start our relationship all over again?" She suggested.