Chapter 10

Lyra's POV

After yesterday, I tried to go to my therapist to see what was happening with me. So I told the whole story, except for the details of my dream. 

"I don't know how to feel anymore as it does affect my daily life, especially when I'm around her. My desire for her strengthened even more, and I couldn't isolate the real world with my imagination anymore as I felt disappointed when it was not real. What do I do, Doc?" I feel troubled. 

"I am guessing your relationship hasn't started yet, and you guys are still at the early stage of knowing each other. In my opinion, I feel like your dream keeps on telling you that you imagined or hoped that what you wanted with Freya to be real." My therapist stated. 

Then, she continued, "When we dream about someone, sometimes it hints at how we want our life to be, and you try to make it work and connect the dots onto your conscious mind to help them figure it out. And based on your story, I take that you are not only talking about the wild dreams but also building your future with her. That says many things, and I think you already know what you want. My advice is to follow your heart and don't let your actions limit you from expressing the real you. Take your time alone, and then when you're ready, talk to her cause remember, communication is the key to a happy relationship." My therapist advised.

"Thank you. I appreciated your thoughts. Hopefully, I can handle this and talk with Freya soon. I will update you when I'm ready next time. Thanks again, Doc!" I answered her and ended our session. 

I guess it's time to focus on myself and see where this goes.

Next day

I arrived at the company a little earlier than the others cause I wanted to prioritise my work again like before. Also, today is the day of Freya's presentation, and I expect she will do a great job for her presentation. Let's just hope I go through this day with ease. Focus, Lyra. Focus!! 

When the meeting started, I saw her walking into the centre of the room to begin her presentation. She looks nervous. I wished I could help her, so I tried to talk with everyone in the room to pay attention when she was presenting cause I would be making quizzes for everyone regarding the presentation and giving out prizes later on. Everyone cheered up about how excited they were. 

I queue towards Freya's direction for her to start her presentation and tell her not to be nervous with a voice that only she can hear. She smiled and nodded with thanks. She presented with confidence and knew what she was present. The flow was great, and I liked that she kept asking us if we could follow and question her straight away if we didn't understand. I sure am so lucky to have her. 

"Wait, I am supposed to focus on myself and not her. Why do I keep on thinking about her?" I should stop and begin thinking about the questions I want to ask for the quiz later. 

Once Freya ended her presentation, I congratulated her for doing a great job and started asking questions. " If anyone knows the answer, raise your hand, okay. No yelling and fighting are allowed." I assured.

In the end, seven of my employee got a special prize of a $100 supermarket coupon. I congratulated them individually and left. I think I just left everybody speechless when I didn't give any feedback to Freya cause I ALWAYS provide input to those presenting during the day. People will talk about my shitty behaviour again. "Welp, I couldn't care less, except I might have made Freya feel upset," I told myself. Again, I need to stop thinking about her.

Soon enough, I received a text from Freya. Instantly my mood changed completely, and I anticipated her text.

Freya: Are you okay? Are you not feeling great? Do you want to eat dinner with me later?