Chapter 2

Freya's POV

After a week of applying to the biggest pharmaceutical company, I received an email saying I needed to undergo an interview for the next two days as I was shortlisted to be the next pharmacist for that company. Honestly, I didn't have high expectations for getting into this company due to its low acceptance rate. But I've tried to remind myself I must not give up cause it's just the beginning. I will do whatever it takes to achieve my dream job and prove to my family that I can be on my own.

...

One hour before the interview

I prepared myself a day before the interview for any possible questions they might ask and expected the worst from the interview. Even though it's not my first time getting interviewed, you cannot help but be nervous about this meeting. While waiting for the secretary to call my name, I heard the secretary's heels clicking toward me and called my name. 

"Freya Nicholas, you are next. Please be ready for the interview." The secretary announced confidently.

I replied to her by nodding my head and smiling. Once I entered the room, my eyes automatically gravitated toward the ground due to nervousness. But then I changed my focus towards the interviewer.  There I saw a beautiful woman in front of me who I assumed was the boss of this company. "Wow! she is gorgeous..." I said to myself.

(Lyra was wearing this suit at that time)

I am no longer nervous and maintain my stare on the woman in her mid-20s. Despite that woman sitting, I could see her having a toned body. She is wearing a sparkly grey suit with an exposed V-neck, making her chest areas visible to my vision and a short, tight pencil skirt creating a graceful feature. 

Damn, this girl makes my heart beat abnormally, and her attractiveness greatly bewitches me. Soon it was brought to my intention when she initiated the conversation and introduced herself as the boss.

 "I am Lyra, the owner of this branch company. Good morning miss--" The woman stopped herself and signalled her secretary for any hint.

"It's Miss Freya, ma'am," added the secretary.

"Oh yes, Miss Freya. Sorry about that. My father was supposed to interview you this morning, but he couldn't at the moment and asked for me to do this interview last minute. Before I start questioning you, don't blame me if I didn't recruit you and start complaining cause I don't want to make another unwanted scene for today," Lyra bitterly added. 

When I was about to reply to her words, she cut my sentence and asked me a question straight away.

"What? Do you have a problem with that?" Lyra asked.

"No, ma'am," I respond unwillingly. I guess the rumour is indeed true that she is a bitch.

"Okay, so where do you live?" Lyra initiated.

"Umm, I live 10 minutes from here, ma'am," I replied.

"Oh really... So my question next is, are you single?" She questioned.

"What kind of questions are these?" I said to myself. It's like someone messaging me from Tinder, looking for a one-night stand. So, I just replied to her, telling her I am single. 

Her next move shocked me when she said I can go now and wait for her secretary's email to know my recruitment status. I mean, for real, though, I expected more challenging questions from this company. She just asked unrelated questions that seemed useless for the position I applied for. I am scared for my life now. 

"What if she is not interested in employing me?" I started asking her back if she had any more questions to ask, afraid I would get rejected from the position. She grins at me and asks to wait for the answer when the email arrives. I don't know if she is being real, but trying to convince her more with my academics won't hurt.

She then asked her employees and her secretary to exit the room and left me alone with her. "Oh god, I think I must have agitated her even more. Why am I ruining my chance?" I said to myself. 

She walks toward me and stops in front of me. Then, she squads down to match her eyes to the same level as mine. She could not be more attractive from the front. I started apologizing to her if I said anything that might upset her.

She smiled beautifully and said, "you passed the interview, gorgeous, and you can start working next Monday. Please see me first before you start working."

Wait a minute. Am I dreaming, or did my brain fail to function properly from a shock due to getting my dream job or the fact that Lyra just called me gorgeous? So I asked her if she was joking.

Then her actions took me aback when she kissed my cheeks while saying congratulations. At this point, my face resembles a tomato and turns marshmellow from her sudden move. But I ignored it, and now I am curious why the hasty recruitment. She added that I deserved the position because she needed someone precious like me. Now, I am even redder than earlier.   I could tell this girl was such a flirt, so I settled for her vague answer.

But on the side notes, I am happy I get the job! I can't wait to start working in this company, but I will not tell my parents for now. I don't know why I still feel underserved right now and cannot help but feel sad. She saw me being sad and caressed my face, "you will know the real reason when you're ready, okay?" She said softly. 

I realized that her behaviour during the interview and now is different. Now I am confused.