Chapter 3

Freya's POV

I am back at home thinking of hundreds of possible reasons, and I found none. Maybe she sees my potential, knowing I achieved an excellent academic background based on my curriculum vitae. "Let's just sleep on it," I reassured myself.

On the first day of work at Lyra's company, I walked into the company's building and went straight to Lyra's office. I am so nervous but excited to start my day. When I was in front of her office, I knocked on the door and heard her voice queueing me to go inside. I greeted her with a good morning, and she replied to me with her cute smile. She started to tell me about my tasks and how I will be closely working with her knowing that her role was also a pharmacist. 

She explained that she only temporarily took over the company as her father told her to get used to it for her future position as the CEO. I am glad she was not my actual boss cause that means I can be friends with her. She proceeded to show me my small laboratory, and I noticed each laboratory consisted of two people. 

And guess what? My partner is none other than the almighty Lyra. I am glad that I got her but at the same time scared cause I know she is the daughter of this company's owner. I had to impress the boss, so I obeyed her.

After 30 minutes of self-introduction to my other colleagues, I adapted to my workplace and familiarized myself with my tasks. I tried to concentrate on my duties to the point where the office hours ended. But not until then did I realize I was alone. "Where is Lyra? Maybe she was busy doing her boss duties," I questioned myself.

Speaking of the devil, Lyra entered the laboratory and asked if I wanted to eat dinner with her. I think this may be the time to get to know her more. I asked who would drive to break the ice between us, and she suggested I give her a ride because she was tired. Again, I obeyed her cause I didn't know what she might say to me.

After two minutes of walking, she complained to me about why I had parked my car far away from the building. The reason was that I didn't want anyone knows that I drive my baby, Ferrari LaFerrari. 

(Baby Ferrari)

(Baby Ferrari)

I know she will ask tons of questions about how I can afford this expensive car when I am just a normal employee to her. Honestly, I am not ready to share my private life with her. Thankfully, she said nothing about the car and let me drive to our destination. I guess this is normal for her.

While in the car, she asked about my relationship and how I am still single despite my stunning looks. I blushed when I heard her complimenting me and telling the truth about my stressful university life and how less of an experience I had dating women. I might have slurred the last part cause I don't know if she is against lesbians. She just nodded in agreement on how she could relate to this cause she also experienced the busy life of a pharmacist. 

Now I am curious about her relationship status. So, I reciprocated the conversation and questioned if she had a boyfriend. She replied that she was a virgin to boys but not girls while smirking and looking at me. "Does that mean she's into women too? Yes! I might have a chance." I excited quietly.