Chapter 25

Freya's POV

Lyra and I constantly converse about our love life, and the conversation flows smoothly like we've known each other for some time. I feel like, in some ways, our souls are connected, which creates a safe space for us to share our hopes, dreams and fears without feeling guarded. 

That must be why I felt comfortable when she opened up everything about her for me to see inside her soul. In return, I opened up my complexes and all the things I am afraid to talk to everyone else but her. The communication that we have encourages me to grow as a person and also as a partner. 

Apart from communication, the purest form of true love will be the physical touch and the quality time, which have become my favourite love languages. Realising the love I will build will be far more beautiful and genuine rather than a superficial attraction set by someone else makes me feel safe and comfortable. 

Is this what we called as love? When she allows me to take my time to find myself again and never asks me to sacrifice my life and be with her. It's never me versus her; instead, it's me and her versus our problems. 

We fell asleep on the same bed, and how she engulfed my body into hers just felt right. I slept soundly like it was not our first time sleeping together. My body relaxes when I am in contact with her, and when I can hear her breathing near my ears, I have a sense of ease, and the overall vibe feels natural. 

The next morning, I woke up earlier than she and she still held me tightly in her arms. Her embracement showed me that she didn't want to let me go. It's a cute gesture. I didn't want to wake her up, so I slowly drifted away from her and was about to go downstairs and cook something for her hangover. 

Not until I saw a paper with what looked like a love letter from someone on her desk. Then, I saw the letter and straight away recognised the handwriting. It was my handwriting, but I couldn't remember I had written this letter before. So, I read the letter thoroughly, realising that it was actually a love letter to Lyra from myself.  

She still keeps hold of the letter, making my eyes watery

She still keeps hold of the letter, making my eyes watery. I didn't know I loved her this much. Although yesterday she showered her love with her gaze full of adoration and affection, I could feel that she loved me so much since her action toward me were always in sync with her words. 

"Cupcakes, where are you?" She was petrified when I wasn't in bed with her.

"I'm here, Lyra. I am not going anywhere, okay." I reassured.

I went next to her and kissed her forehead, which seemed natural for me to do that to her. 

"I am not dreaming that you're here with me," She smiled.

"You're not dreaming, Lyra. It would help if you took a shower while I cooked something for you, alright," I told her.

"Okay, Freya." She obeyed.