When we first met

"I Hate You!" The boy screeched feeling like his lungs were about to cave in, his breathing was all over the place grasping at his hair for some sense of formality.

"No you don't, don't say such things" her voice was like honey to his ears much too sweet and if too much it'll make you sick. Looking up he could see the girl he met all those years ago...the Soft kind girl who hexed anyone who looked at him wrongly

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Freak, why don't you go and find someone to play with?" The boys laughed as they looked down their noses at Tom, they knew no one wanted to be his friend let alone spend time with him.

Tom decided to stay silent as the boys continued to pester him about his strange abilities, looking up at the Willow tree that swayed slightly in the July breeze looking at the leaves as they dangled from the branches, dancing as if they had no care in the world...he was suddenly snapped from his thoughts when one of the branches shot forward and flung one of the boys backwards.

"Jamie! oh my Lord are you alright!" one of the staff member's called, Tom looked at the sight of the boy now laying face down in the soil crying his eyes out at the pain, Out of the corner of Tom's eye he spotted a girl wearing a white ivory dress with a small bow tied at the front, her hair falling in ringlets, her dark eyelashes curving upwards shielding her hypnotic coffee eyes.

Tom has never seen the Girl before so he assumed she was a new to the Orphanage, as if reading his mind the care taker of the Orphanage introduce her to us "Children i would like you to meet Rose, she's the new addition to our Family!" Turning her back to Rose to inspect the injuries of Jamie who was still crying.

"Hello" Rose called from her place looking at all the eyes starting at back at her. Tom Took note of how wispy her voice sounded...like the air itself seemed lighter. "I would be delighted to get to know all of you!" bowing her head slightly to show acknowledgement but with no avail the children ignored her and carried on with what they were doing before.

Tom saw how the coffee brown eyes were now trained on him and with a small smile Rose was whisked away by one of the other staff members leaving Him lonely once more.

"Here you go sweetheart, it might be small but it'll do" the elderly woman stated as she lead Rose to one of the empty Bedrooms.

Looking around the small room she noticed how dusty the window sill was and how the floorboards were warped with age far beyond repair, gazing at the rickety bed that was shoved in a dark corner she noticed how fragile it looked, as if simply touching it, it would crumble.

"Across the hall from you Is Tom, it's best if you stay away from him hunny, the devil's creature i tell you." And with that she turned on her heel and left, leaving Rose to the cold mil-dew room.

Sitting on the rickety bed Rose couldn't help but feel the springs dig into her soft skin, looking around the room once more she let out a sigh thinking back to what the old woman said before...

"Tom" she mumbled under her breath, thinking about what the boy could possibly look like. she didn't understand why the woman called him the devils creature, was he vile? or was he like her...magical?

deciding to not think about it no more she curled herself up in a ball, sleep gripping at her like an unstoppable force. The only thing to keep her warm was her white ivory dress that was now crinkled and dusty.

Tom walked up the creaking staircase to his room thinking back to the incident with the willow tree, he knew he didn't do that so who did? stopping just infront of his bedroom he looked behind him to the warped and scraped door thinking back to the girl he only saw a few hours ago wondering if she had a part to play in the incident.

shaking his head he opened his door and walked in the smell of damp hitting him like a bus, looking over to his desk that was filled with parchment and books that were ripped and tattered they were mostly hand me downs from the elders that run the Orphanage but nevertheless he was happy with what he got most of them ignored him or beat him calling him the devils child or a monstrous creature.

he was devastated wondering why his mother left him in a place like this, it was always dark and cold he never liked the dark it scared him... he didn't know what was lurking in the shadows and the noises didn't help either. trying to shut his eyes and think of other things that would help him but with no avail it was pointless he always lost sleep, always waiting for dawn to crack and take his fear away.

Thats probably why the boy was always so pale, his complexion was far from a boy his age. His eyes always held a sort of dullness to them and bags hung under them keeping them restless and drained as for his skin it almost looked translucent, he was pale beyond belief like he'd never seen sun before. his hair was mostly the only thing that seemed right, it was combed tidily a few strands here or there popping up but that was normal.

sitting on his bed he could hear the children laugh through the paper thin walls, he wondered if he would ever get a family...or mostly what happened to his.

That night was no different he lay awake on his bed, the springs of the mattress digging into his back as he lay looking up at the bedew ceiling wishing for dawn to brake already, his thoughts were put on hold when he heard the slight knock on his door.

Getting up the bed groaned as his wight shifted, walking towards the door he was surprised to see who was standing at the other side.

"Hello"