Friendship ring

it's been a few years since Rose turned up at the orphanage, and met the boy called Tom Riddle. Tom has become more and more comfortable around her, showing more of his magic towards the girl. now and then Rose would preform small bit's of magic but only when the older boys would pick on him.

The matron at the Orphanage tried to keep Rose away from Tom as best she could, but failed to do so whenever Tom threatened her. The matron has become frightened of Tom after the incident with Billy Stubbs.
                                           ———-
"what are you going to do cry about it?" Billy taunted Rose as she looked at the boy in front of her, her lip quivering at the insults that he was throwing at the small girl.

Billy had snuck into Rose room without anyone knowing and took one present that she held ever so dearly to her, it was a small pale green ribbon but tied into a bracelet, it might have not been much but the memory and the person it was from was more than enough for her.

She knew Tom couldn't afford anything but he made an effort anyway, Tom never spoke about where he got the Ribbon...But she knew he probably stole it from a tailoring place.

"Give it back Billy!" Rose cried out as she saw something gleam behind him...Scissors.

"I'm sure you won't miss this tatty old thing anyway" he laughed eyeing the girl infront of him. Slowly his hand crept nearer to the pale green material.

Then...

SNIP

Billy had cut the Ribbon that once was a bracelet made just for her. Rose was beyond livid, Taking a deep breath tears streaming down her cheeks she let out a gut wrenching scream.

Just down the hall you could hear footsteps Pound up the stairs and coming to a halt. behind Billy was none other than Tom Riddle, his face was morphed into worry and shock.

Tom's gaze traveled down onto the decaying worn out floorboards, where the only pop of colour laid. Tom recognised this bit of material and his gaze shot back up to Rose, who's face was nothing but sadness and anger. His gaze wondering back to Billy he noticed something shiny, the scissors.

Tom marched His way over to where billy was and shoved him out of the way, bending down to pick up the silky material and inspecting it, the threads hung loosely and tattered no longer the gleaming ribbon it was was.

Tom gently took Rose's hand and led her away taking her into his own room, Tom knew he couldn't fix this one...it was out of his power. he sat the devastated girl down on his bed and walked over to his cabinet, taking out a small set of scissors, he started to trim away the frills and threads that hung loosely.

Rose looked at the boy who was trimming away and more tears slipped from her cheeks, feeling terrible about what happened and deep down all she felt was nothing but weakness, she couldn't stand up to that boy..he took things from her and did terrible thing's like, cutting, ripping and hiding them from her.

as Rose was in deep thought she felt something being tied around her finger, Tom had cut the Ribbon thin and made a small band out of it.

"This can be our little friendship ring" Tom mumbled, waving his hand over her finger and the ribbon became secure, never to be removed. Looking over his fingers Rose spotted the same material on his finger.

"Forever?" Rose sniffled, looking up at the boy who has been there for her, for the past three years.

Nodding, Tom sat down beside her "No one can break us apart Rosie, just you and me against the world" He took the small girl in his arms and embraced her.

Tom never showed affection towards anyone else besides Rose, she never thought about it but she has helped Tom more than anyone really could. he loved to see her preform small bits of magic weather thats making flowers grow out of the palm of her hand or making the door slam into a child making them go face first. of course the child bullied him though, so there was a good reason...

Tom Never had a family and this was probably the closest thing he will ever experience to it, And he will not lose it.

----

It was a day out for the Orphanage, taking a trip to the seaside as a 'special' treat. The weaves were roaring and the sky was nothing more than a grey smog...it was far from a happy day.

As the two of them made their way down towards the beach, leaving the other children behind, both of them stopped just at the shore where the water met the sand.

"Tom.."

turning his head slightly to look at the girl beside him, that he has become accustomed too.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think we will ever get adopted?..." Rose mumbled under her breath, still looking out where the waves danced to a violent and passionate song.

"Of course, Any one would be lucky to have you as their Daughter" Tom confirmed. He was right any one would be lucky to have Rose but... not so much him.

"What about you...if i get adopted, will you come with me?" Rose asked with hope in her voice, this time when Tom went to look at her, he was met with her astonishing eyes.

"Rosie, you know that's complicated"

Then silence filled the air, the only sound was the wind howling and the waves fighting over one another. This made Tom's Stomach drop slightly.

"Hey, you can never get rid of me. Not even when you leave this place" Tom Stated as if it was a fact known to all.

Turning her body towards Tom, her Pigtails fluttering in the wind behind her, a small frown was placed on her face and a line formed where her brows set.

"What if you leave before me?"

"Impossible! now stop frowning before you get lines!"

"Tom...you frown more than me, your face is always miserable you git!" Rose laughed to herself as she saw the lines form on Tom's Forehead at her statement.

"Funny.." Tom rolled his eyes, sarcasm dripping as he mumbled the word.

this only made Rose laugh more. "Oh don't be sour!"

Ignoring her Tom saw Billy in the distance with his rabbit, smiling cruelly to himself he thought of a plan.

Tom spent the day at the beach with Rose cracking jokes and here and there and genially had a nice time.

-----

That night when everyone was asleep Tom Snuck Into Billy's room and kidnaped his rabbit.

Making sure to be quiet when he made it back to his room after he made action on his plan, he went to sleep smiling.

the very next morning he woke up to a boyish scream Billy had found his rabbit....hanging to the rafters.