Floral crowns

Winter came and went the milk white snow melted and in its place daffodils grew bringing joy to the new year, leaves on trees returned to vibrant colours of green and song birds snag sweet melodies, grey skies soon turned to brilliant blue letting the whispy clouds float and dancing in the wind, making children giggle and watch in amazement as they thought it resembled cotton candy.

Underneath one of the oak trees that lined the waters edge of the lake, Odette sat humming a melody that came from her childhood, one that her mother would sing whenever she tried to get her to sleep. She sat near the water's edge, weaving daisies into a beautiful crown filled with daffodils and snowdrops, but what she didn't know was the pair of charcoal eyes watching her every move.

Snap

Odette just finished making the last Knot in the floral crown when she heard a twig snap. Her lapis eyes scanned the area for any sign that she wasn't alone. But to her dismay she came up short, that was until she was grabbed by the shoulders.

"Good morning princess!" Came the sing song voice of Gabriel, his ocean eyes sparkling with amusement. Bending down he engulfed the girl in a warm embrace "what's this?" He backed off and looked down at the crown she had made, that ranged from all different colours.

"Good morning, Gabe" chimed Odette, placing the flower crown of the boy, as it lobbed to one side as it was far too big "There, you look even more handsome!" She finished with a kiss on his cheek. Smiling as he wiped his cheek, hoping to rid away the kiss.

"Don't do that, I worry that one of these days you'll give me the dementor kiss" huffed the golden haired boy, still rubbing at his cheek.

The charcoal eyes that watched the duo, burned with fire unknown to man kind. Those eyes belonged to a specific boy named Tom Riddle, his whole body was on fire with rage, his fingers tightened around the tree branch making it crack underneath his wight, he wanted to hex the boy who broke breath to the girl he cherished he hated how he cradled her, he hated how they laughed, he hated the way they looked at each other. He hated everything about them...but apart of him is glad that The boy is there for her, because he isn't, he chose to be a coward and run away, scared of the concept of love and affection, he was frightened that he would lose everything if he crumbled to the word.

Of course he said it, but he never meant it, and it ate him alive when she looked at him with that look in her eyes.

Right now, when he looked at the two of them he wished it was him that wore her flower crown, wished it was him who wore the kiss on his cheek, wish it was him that brought the smile to her face instead tears that he left.

When they were younger she used to make him floral crowns, saying that once he got older he would make the perfect king and her his queen, side by side they would rule together. He loved the idea and always wore the crown with pride, his was always white filled with white daisies, Snowdrops, irises and Lilly of the valley. While hers was red, decorated with roses, tulips petunias and poppies, they were always miles to big because she got lost in her own daydream while making them, she said it was her escape from the greying world.

He gazed at the duo watching as they laughed and bumped shoulders...He missed it, he missed her, and he will do anything to get her back, and if anything stands in the way, he will rid them of their soul.