Father and Daughter

"Alec!"

pushing the golden boy off of her, finally coming to sense on what was happening. her brown orbs pierced the boy in-front of her, not knowing what came over him. grabbing the ends of her dress she tried to push past the towering boy, wanting to leave, run away from him and hide.

"Odette, I-..I'm sorry i don't know what came over me" he pleaded, grabbing one of her arms a bit too harshly to make her stay. small tears gathered in the corners of Odettes eyes, thinking back to the Orphanage and how the Priest had grabbed her.

"Take your hands off of me"she cried, raising her voice, pulling away she took off down the hall, not once looking back at the honey orbs that only swelled with love and guilt.

taking many twists and turns, her elegant bun no more, as wild strands stuck up in places that couldn't be fixed. coming to a halt infront of the double glass doors that lead out to the green house, pushing one of them open, with difficulty.

stepping into the beautiful paradise, the smell of cypress tress welcomed her with open arms, reaching up she undid the bun and allowed her waves to tumble down, the only thing she carried dearly was the peach Rose pin.

sighing she sat herself down near the pond wall, watching the gold fish swim around with their families and retreating for the night, waiting for the sun to rise once more.

"Princesse? whats got you down here.."

Jumping from the unexpected voice, she quickly turned around with slight alarm but relaxed once she saw who it was.

"Evening father, i just didn't want to join the party yet." she replied sheepishly, wiping away the tears that still rested on her cheek.

"Now i know you're talking shit, That boy is looking everywhere for you, don't you want to wish him happy birthday, or even give his present to him?" her father quizzed, taking a seat near his daughter.

"Father! when have you ever used that kind of language?"

"only when your mother isn't around" he laughed, taking note of her tear stained cheeks.

"Oh Mi Amour, what happened" he whispered, rubbing away the tears that still trickled.

"It's Nothing Papa, you should be getting back to the party, i don't want you to miss it." she said, taking hold of her fathers hand.

Looking deeply into the striking silverly blue and brown orbs, she felt the comfort that she needed. the small trickle only became a pathway of tears. her lip quivered and her eyes shone with tears.

"Papa...I just want to be happy, why cant the world let me.."

knitting his eyebrows together, his eyes Misty as he took in his own daughters appearance, bringing her into a warm in-brace, he kissed the top of her head.

"Mon chérie, You're going to find hurdles in life...it just seems yours is full of them, but i know you can overcome them." pulling away he looked in her mahogany orbs. "Your strong Mi Amour"

Smiling at her father, she wiped away the tears and sat up, fixing her peach and blue dress. picking up the hair pin she looked down at it with love.

"Did he get you that?" nodding she handed it to him.

gazing at it he did her hair in a french plat, tucking the Peach rose in the braid, "He cares about you very much, my darling"

"I know Papa...i'm just scared for the future." taking a deep breath she fixed herself and stood up.

"I best go wish the birthday boy a happy birthday " She put on her most charming smile and bent down to give her father a kiss on the cheek.

"I love you papa"

"I love you too princesse"

Taking off towards the ball, she casted her gaze around the golden ballroom looking for the raven haired boy she came to love.

"I thought you ditched me for a second" Came a rich voice from behind her, their breath fanning on her exposed neck.

"Tom!" turning around she enveloped the boy into a tight hug, not wanting to let go of him.

He gazed at her, until his gaze fell on the hair pin that was carefully placed into the braid, "You wore it" he breathed.

"Of course i did silly, it's from you." She reached up and placed a kiss on his cheek.

soft music began to play, violins and harps hummed in harmony

"May i have this dance, my flower" he bowed taking her hand in his.

"you may" she curtsied, walking towards the dance floor, placing her hands on his shoulders, gazing up at the charcoal eyes she grew to admire. "You look handsome tonight my love" She wasn't wrong the black suit had silver detailing on it that brought out his ivory complexion, it hugged his body perfectly. his hair was styled in waves resting just above his hypnotic eyes.

"And you look breath taken, my flower"

it was now the count down to new years everyone gathered around and grabbed a champagne glass while the two of them snuck away into the manors garden, they came to a stop near a flourish of white rose bushes, Odette took a seat on a swing. that was attached to one of the trees.

"Odette.."

looking over she saw how the boys eyes fixated on her, the moon shone brightly illuminating the area, its light bounced off his eyes

"You truly do look breath taken." he marvelled.

her cheeks had deepened in colour, remembering something, she took out her wand and summoned a pale green parcel, and placed it into the boy's hand.

It was decorated with small serpent's but tied with a sliver bow. tearing away the wrapping paper he was greeted by a black velvet box.

opening the box, a sliver ring shone back at him with the crest of Slytherin etched onto it. one small emerald stone placed onto the ring making it look like the snakes eye.

"Happy Birthday Tom" she smiled.

hearing the distant count down that came from the manor,

'10'

'9'

'8'

"i don't know what to say, Odette it's too much"

"I mean there always thank you"

'7'

"Smart arse"

'6'

"i know, that's why i do it"

'5'

Gliding over to the girl that was sitting on the swing, he gazed into her coffee swirls that bewitched him all those years ago.

'4'

"Thank you Rosie"

'3'

"Your most welcome birthday boy"

'2'

'1'

'Happy New Year!'

Reaching down he met her lips in a passionate kiss, holding her face gently as in not to hurt her in any way possible, she tucked her hands away behind his neck welcoming the kiss, pulling away slightly resting their foreheads together.

"Happy new year Tom, another year to say I love you"

he smiled and pecked her lips once more.

"I love you too Rosie Élodie Grindelwald"

He finished with another soft kiss to her lips.

but what the pair didn't know was the figure watching them, from the balcony.