Chapter Fifty seven

"How long are you staying with your aunt?" I asked Ian simultaneously nudging him.

"About a week or two. Unless we throw a kegger and get kicked out," Ian winked at me jokingly.

Which easily reminded me, "I need to call Stiles!"

In which Ian responds, "What the hell is a Stiles?"

I rolled my eyes at him, grabbed his laptop and went on my email where I kept a copy of all my contacts. I dialed Stiles' phone number with the phone I had found in the glove compartment of the vehicle- I uh borrowed.

After the second ring Stiles' voice ran through the phone and I greeted him.

"Skylar! Oh my gosh I will drag your little werewolf ass back to beacon hills if you scare me like that again!"

"What are you talking about?" I asked, eyebrows raised.

"They found a body, female. About your height and her face was burnt so badly you couldn't see many details. We thought it was you Sky..."

He leaves the sentence hang, and I lowered my gaze to the ground, "I should have called earlier. Sorry, I just..." I couldn't finish, I was a monster. How could I do what I did to that girl. Or demon, whatever she was, I still feel like a monster.

Stiles' voice softened and he replied, "It was you wasn't it. You burned her?" He whispered.

A tear roled down my cheek, "Stiles I'm a monster. I'm. A. Monster."

"Skylar, she was a demon trying to kill you, wasn't she?" He responded, "I found sulfur all over the place, I researched a lot of supernatural things when Scot got the bite. And if there's anything I know for certain, it's that Skylar Luna is not a monster."

------

I turned around, finishing the call and expecting to see Ian, but I hadn't noticed he had left.

When he came back he brought a box of pizza and two bottles of Dr Pepper. He sat down next to me and I logged into my netflicks account.
I grabbed a slice and took out a bite, "You know, prom is coming up."

Ian raised an eyebrow, "And you're thinking about going?"

I gagged, "I'm too classy for grinding and crappy themes. I'm thinking about doing something the day of prom though."

Ian bit his bottom lip and thought for a moment before responding, "So you want to ditch prom to do...?"

I laughed, "Okay, okay, I don't have it all planned out. I just want to go out and do something I've never done before. Anything, I just want to have fun for once. Forget about grades and all the scholarships I need to apply to. I need an escape."

Ian took a swig of his drink and asked, "Any ideas?"

I thought about a million things I wanted to do, but none I was actually able to do. Being eighteen wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

And your nineteenth won't be either.
Replied a voice in the depths of my mind- Cassandra.