Chapter Four

"I don't even understand why I'm doing this! Why am I training so hard? As if there'd ever be any danger in this small town. The biggest danger there ever is, is when mom runs out of coffee!" I started to become more and more frustrated with how much I had to train,  I found it pointless.

     My parents hadn't let me go to the ice cream shop with Ian, because I had a stupid training lesson.

   My dad answered my frustration, "Because any minute now there could be, you must be prepared."

     My anger began to  rise but I took in deep breaths and held it in. For a split second I felt my eyes feel cold but just as fast as that feeling came, it left. I calmed down, "Good, don't let aggression get to you, you're stronger than that."

    The first lesson was over, but there was still one more left. My dad taught me how to fight, while my mother taught me how to control my anger and conceal this secret.

     Having this "condition" (well it's more of an advantage) I've had to learn many ways to keep it between my parents and I, to make sure not to raise suspicions.

     I didn't really know much of why it was suppose to be kept secret; my assumption was that the government some how would use me as a test subject (as much sense as that made).

      My mom taught me ways of faking injuries and bruises with makeup. My mother had always made sure I was aware of my strength, too.

    I could never show it, mostly because you wouldn't suspect a skinny eighteen year old girl to be able to aquire so much stability. My parents were completely different when they were in what I call "Zen mode".

    Whenever we were training they were nothing like  the caring, overprotective and loving parents they always were. Once they were in Zen mode they stayed in Zen mode until the lesson was over.

     I presume what accounted for their overprotective-ness was that I was an only child. My mom developed Ovarian cancer a year after my birth. Fortunately the treatment went well, unfortunately she wasn't able to yield anymore children afterwards.

    I stepped into the kitchen. After all that training, I had packed an appetite. I found my father over by the sink washing the dishes. I took out the ham, bread and avocado for my sandwitch. I plugged in the toaster when I heard my dad's voice behind me.

     "Okay now put in the bread." He said gesturing towards the toaster

    I raised an eyebrow, "Dad I'm sixteen I think I know how to make myself a sandwitch." I swear my dad treated me like a five year old.

                             ---

                    A week later..

                             ---

     "We're MOVING? WHY!? WHATS SO WRONG WITH LIVING HERE?!" I shouted at my parents. I forgot all the things about keeping calm and all that. I felt as though my whole life was shattering in front of me.

   This couldn't be happening, I didn't want to be the new girl again. I didn't want to leave my friends and move to a conpletely foreign place. Not to mention a whole other state.

                Freaking California.

              Freaking California.

                Freaking California.

            Freaking Beacon Hills