Chapter Fourty Nine

Derek's words echoed through my mind, as if someone was yelling them from the highest mountain in hopes that I'd never forget.

   Feelings of remorse came and I felt torn. I knew I had to leave, there wasn't any other option. All I ever wanted was to keep Derek safe- protected.

   This was my last day at Beacon Hills, for now.  And I needed to seal all those feelings and emotions in a box and through the key out. I didn't have time for regrets or sadness, I needed to hurry up and pack my things before my parents came home. I had to decide between the things I should take and what I had to leave.

    I finished packing my belongings and simply sat down on my bed thinking over the plan I had already set. A few days ago I had called Ian as I usually did, he told me that he wanted to visit me since he was in L.A- proving Cassandra's insight.

    I had asked if I could stay with him and his aunt for a few days to visit. I knew I couldn't tell him about what I was going to do, because he'd try to get me out of it.

-----

   I knocked on the dark wood door three times, slightly stepping back. I heard a few foot steps and the door opened, Stiles leaning against the frame.

    "I need to talk to you." I said in a serious tone.

   "Yeah sure- uh come on in." Stiles and said stepping away from the door and letting me inside before shutting the door closed.

   I followed Stiles to his room and sat down on his bed looking around.

     "So what's up?" Stiles asked.

    "Well.. The thing is, that I have to leave to L.A-"

    "What? No you can't leave me Sky! I still haven't finished annoying you!"

    I rolled my eyes at Stiles' weird comments and continued, "I'm coming back Stiles. I just don't really know when." I gave Stiles a warning look telling him to let me finish, "I'm running away. Because if I don't Derek and I are going to, well we're going to die."

     "Metaphorically or literally?"

   "I mean literally going to die. Like legit dead, Stiles."

    "How?"

   "Well I have these visions. And there's this voice inside my head- but I'm not crazy, that I know of. Her name is Cassandra and she can see the future, and so can I. I'm just not that good at it."

    "Mhmm.. Uh Skylar have you been drinking any mysterious substances, perse?" Stiles inquired trying to act nonchalantly while giving strange hand gestures.

   "Stiles!" I exclaimed acting offended.

    "Okay, okay. What happened in this so called vision?"

   "What do you mean 'so called'?" I didn't let Stiles answer as I waved off his doubt and continued, "Well Derek and I were cornered at the loft and a group of people with guns put a bullet through both our heads. The thing is, they were only there for me. The one that shot me practically explained that  it was all my fault."

    "So you're just going to run away from your problems? That doesn't sound like the Sky I know." Stiles teased not caring how serious the situation.

   "It's the only way Stiles, I guess that's life." I shrugged in a way that might have seemed hopeless at the time.

   "What happened to yolo?"