Chapter Nineteen

• Dedicated to Jose Esquivel

     Today I had to train, again. After everything I now knew about who and what I was I never looked at my parents the same. I have been so skilled at hiding my emotions  that even my own two parents didn't find anything suspicious. I concealed every single thought I ever had and some times I even felt as if my mind would explode.

     Every single freaking day, hour, minute even second I would put forth effort into being a trustworthy child. All of that time spent had been pointless. My parents weren't going to tell me anything. Nothing, at all. And this made me furious, I remembered all those times I had felt remorse for anything that I could have done wrong. When truly I had never done anything that would cause them do this to me.

    I have concealed and hid all my frustration. And maybe sometimes, sometimes that's what's causing you to die inside.

     I was training while my parents lectured me about these so called genetic advantages. These mutations. That's when I realised my parents were very skilled psychologists, they knew how to manipulate people and they had used it on me their own daughter.

    And that's when I snapped.

    "You both are freaking delusional! I can't believe you actually thought I believed you! Genetic mutations? Are you kidding me! You really think I'm that stupid?  Of course you made sure to leave out how all these 'Genetic mutations' are so rare and how this would be impossible! You don't even know how much this has affected my life! Every single stupid day I tried, believe me I tried to do anything, and I mean anything to gain your trust. I wanted you to tell me what I really was, all I ever wanted was for you to trust me!"

    At this point I had already shifted my claws were out,  my eyes were glowing,  and my canines were showing. I was angry, I needed to get out of there. I had to leave because if I didn't there wasn't a doubt that I would do something I'd regret.

      And that's why I ran. That's all I could do, it was all I could think to do. And then I realised I was in the woods. I didn't even know what I was doing here, until I saw it. The Hale mansion.

     It was the place where Kate Argent had started the fire killing many innocent people, one of them could have been Derek. Derek and his sister Laura were at school when the fire had come about.

    I approached the house, I was still fully shifted and I couldn't control it. I sat down, and cried. I sobbed and cried, until I felt strong arms around me. I didn't have to look to know who it was. All I knew was that it conforted me and after a while I was back into my human form. That's when it all clicked together. I remembered all those times when Derek was there. All those times I couldn't shift back, by myself.

      And as much as I didn't want to admit it. I might just need Derek if I wanted to shift back.

               He was my anchor.