Chapter Fifty

Picture on the side of some funny comments! I seriously love you guys! This made my day

     Stiles and I continued talking, but most of the time I spaced out. I was too busy focused on his facial features- how unique they were in general. Stiles himself was simply original in his ways, and I felt grateful for having him. It might have been that for once in my entire years of living-so far I had finally met someone with my real personality.

    I never had to be any different with him, as crazy as it was, I finally appreciated being able to fit in with the misfits. Maybe all that I have longed for has been a lie, I've never wanted to be normal I just wanted the sense of belonging. To be unexpendable; irreplaceable.

   And I knew that Stiles valued me exactly how I wanted, he was my best friend.

    "Earth to Skylar.. Hello?" Stiles' voice intercepted my thoughts as he waved a hand in front of my face.

   "Hmm?"

"Obviously you weren't listening." Stiles muttered shaking his head sideways, "How are you going to run away? What about school?"

  "Well I already got everything from my locker out and I signed the paperwork, and forged my parents' signatures.. so I think I'm good."

  "You forged your parents' signatures?"

   "Um...yeah?" I said unsure of myself.

   "Eh, I've done it many times." Stiles shrugged.

   "Of course," I said rolling my eyes.

"So you're going to forge your way into school in L.A?"

   "Yeah, pretty much." I shrugged simply, even though I had been freaking out about it before.

   "Okay... what did Derek say?"

   "What do you mean?" I asked a bit nervous Stiles would judge me on this.

  "You didn't tell him?" He asked eyes wide.

   "And I'm not going to. I'm not telling anyone, except you."

    "Why?"

  I stared at the ground avoiding eye contact, "They probably won't notice."

    Stiles looked at me appaled and even now I wanted to laugh at his dramatic expression.  "Of course they'll notice, we're your friends Sky."

     "I don't know, I've been distant from them lately. Yesterday was the first time we hung out in weeks. I guess I've always been expendable."

     "Expendable? Are you kidding me? Skylar, I've never met a person like you. You're not expendable."

    "Thanks, Stiles." I murmered into his shoulder as he gave me a hug.

    "Yeah, yeah now stop being a loser and I'll help you pack."

     "I'm actually already done."

    "Well, well Ms. Smarty pants is always prepared. But then again, where the heck are you going to live?"

    "Ian called, you know my friend from Wisconsin. He said he wanted to visit me and I said I would visit him instead, since he was staying at his aunt's in LA. And his aunt is really nice plus she loves me so she most likely will let me stay for a week. Then I'll find a job."

    "So, it's just that easy? You're just going to walk into L.A find a job and hope your parents don't murder you?" He asked surprised.

   I sighed knowing he was absolutely right, it was not going to be easy. "I'll figure it out. Now shut up and let's play some video games or whatever you wanna do."

     "I'll order pizza."

____

   I sighed and sat down on my bed, just as I sealed the envelope. I had written a letter to my parents, I was going to leave it here when I left.

     I sighed once more, this was it. My life had completely turned upside down, why couldn't I go back to that simple- yet confused girl in the middle of now where Wisconsin. Anyways since when were werewolves, kitsunes, nogitsunes, and other weird creatures actually real? When did the world just decided to make mythological things real? Because I wasn't there, and they should have informed me.

   It was currently only six o'clock and I was leaving at midnight. I kept reaching for my phone, but then pulling my hand back. I needed him right now, but I hated that I did. This was never like me. I never needed anyone, really.

    I grabbed my phone and jammed it into my pocket. I then pulled my jacket on and headed out the door leaving a note to my parents.

     I walked up the steps and stood in front of the door silently. I couldn't do it. I was never a fan of goodbyes.