Chapter Fourty Three

(A/N)

Okay so if you guys have any suggestions or comments please comment sorry if there are any punctuational or grammatical errors I've been busy and its been hard to write lately. Overall, thanks for all the votes √ & I love you all so much!

>>>

I called Derek, the obvious hint of nervousness in my voice, "Yeah, Derek? Could you drive me to school tomorrow? Please? My car is uh.. dead."

    "Dead?"

   "Yup," I answered popping the 'p'.

  "Okay Skylar," He said and I could hear the smile in his voice.

   "I'll meet you in the woods?"

  "And how would you get there?"

   "I could run.. I've done it before." I said remembering the time I shifted without control.

     "Skylar I know you're trying to avoid your parents from seeing me."

   "It just that.. It's nothing personal. They just don't like people, they can barely tolerate me."

                               ---

   I didn't like lying to Derek because he was the only true thing I had. The only one who had never lied to me, yet we spent the most time together. Don't get me wrong I loved Scott, Stiles and Kira. I thought Lydia and Malia were great too but lately I've felt distant to them.

My car wasn't "dead" it was at an auto shop, I wanted to see if I could get more security with it, I was thinking bullet proof windows, but I wasn't so sure if that was possible.

                               ---

    I sat in Derek's car and stared at my reflection from the rearview mirror. Why was I so different from the rest? Why was it so hard to fit in. Ever since I was younger it was hard for me to find real friends. The only reason I ever met Ian was because he lived a block away and we went to the same school. Danielle and I were friends but it was never such a blossuming friendship. Other than those two, most of my life was lonely, but Beacon Hills became my getaway. So was I prepared to leave it all?

   I glanced over to see Derek, he seemed so calm as he drove. The sort of calmness that makes you want to just watch, and that's what I did. But after a while I turned away and began thinking if we were ever a 'something'. Or was I just making my feelings for him too important? Had yesterday been a dream?

Skylar it wasn't a dream.

Stop over thinking.

You always do this.

      I smiled a little recognizing how right she was. I was always thinking, I guess I wasn't just thoughtful but also thought full.

Take.

A.

Risk.

    A risk? Once I thought about it, a risk wasn't such a bad idea and it was certainly something I was lacking. I did take a few risks, considering I was some sort of weird shapeshifter and a practical psychic. But I never took risks that would really get me out of my comfort zone.

   Before I expected it we were at BHHS, Scott, Lydia, Stiles, Malia and Kira were standing by talking. A few kids were scattered around in their own groups enveloped in their own conversations.