Chapter Thirty Nine

-- Derek's Pov --

Skylar went to take a shower and I waited just sitting on the couch and dwelling on the thoughts surging through my mind. I never could understand how I felt about Skylar, everything was so different with her. She has gone through strange situations yet that never changed her.

She was always so thoughtful, so considerate. There was always something more to her, things I couldn't figure out. At one point she could be completely serious, determination set in her mind, yet in an instant she could be younger than her age. We were opposites yet the same. I knew she was concealing her emotions, her way of doing so was so different from mine. She hid everything with a smile and some sarcasm while I made sure to simply act emotionless.

Many factors influenced me to be so drawn to her. But I couldn't do anything about this, she had her own life and there was so much ahead of her. Everything I touched burned to ashes, I wouldn't do that to her. I couldn't drag her into my messed up life. She wouldn't want to be in it anyways, she had so much potential to throw it all away.

I heard a loud thud and ran up to the stairs as I heard Skylar let out a groan.

"Sky are you okay?" I opened the bathroom door just barely.

"Derek don't open the door.. I'm not decent..." She mumbled the last part.

I realised what she meant and stepped back closing the door. "Sorry, but are you okay?"

"I think I dislocated my shoulder."

"Don't move."

"Yeah cause that's on my list of priorities right now," She said sarcastically.

I walked into the bathroom closing my eyes. "Where are you?"

"This is so embarrassing." I heard her try to move, only to hurt herself again.

I walked closer to the sound of her voice. I put my hands out infront of me trying to keep my self from falling.

"Derek that's my shoulder and it hurts so please don't put pressure on it."

Her skin was so soft as I slid my hand down to her forearm, my heart racing. I had popped someone's shoulder into place before, but I was afraid of hurting her.

"It's okay, you won't hurt me. I trust you. And if you do, I'll heal, somehow I always do."

I couldn't help but think that her words meant something more. I pushed her shoulder back into place.

"That wasn't as painful as I thought it would be," She spoke and I could hear the smirk in her voice.

I heard some shuffling around and then Skylar's hands were pushing me out the door. She turned me around but I still didn't open my eyes, I wanted her to be able to trust me.

"I'm really glad you're back Derek. But I'm also glad that I got to meet your seventeen year old self. Thanks for helping me." She kissed my cheek and turned me around.

I heard the door close behind me, I opened my eyes and sighed.

---

"I guess I'll see you around?" Skylar asked as she was leaving.

I leaned against the door, "How about tonight?"

She smiled, "Its a date." Her eyes got wider, "I mean.. you know.. just..-"

I cut her off, "It's a date."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

(A/N)

So how did you like it? Definately gives you some perspective on what Derek thinks. Hope you liked it please give me some feedback love you all so so so so muchh ♡♡