Chapter 7

"Don't go." Edward pleaded as he pulled me back to the bed. I giggled as Edward's arms wound around my waist, causing me to fall back. Edward caught me and held me captive in his arms.

"I've to go." I kissed his nose. "You and I-" I kissed his forehead. "Have to work."

Edward sulked like a baby as he held my hips, refusing to let me go. "Can we call in sick?"

"This isn't high school, my dear husband." I ruffled his hair. "I actually love what I do and so do you." I slowly got up and held Edward's face in my hands. "It's just a few more hours till we will be back together." I attempted to soothe my overly attached husband.

"Plus we have Alice's and Jasper's farewell gathering tonight, hope you didn't forget." I winked at Edward.

He chuckled and nodded. "How can I forget?"

"Now, let's go! Go, get ready!" I chased Edward out of our bed and watched him groan till he reached the bathroom. I rolled my eyes and hopped off the bed, pulling on the bedsheets and making sure it was orderly before I left the room.

Edward and I were both in the medical field but we still did two absolutely different things. For one, I was a vet assistant while Edward went into medical research. We both loved what we did, but working also meant that we didn't have much time together during the weekdays. That's why we cherished the weekends a lot more and the reason why Monday blues were exceptionally painful for Edward.

I smiled as I thought of how childlike Edward still was. Nonetheless, that was still one of the reasons why I love him so damn much.

As I started to plate our breakfast, I heard Edward coming down the stairs. I looked up to see him grinning as he held his jacket over his shoulder. Sometimes, I really felt like I married a male model instead of a medical researcher.

"Hey, you better be starving." I smiled as I pulled out my chair.

"Definitely." Edward leaned down to kiss my head before sitting opposite me.

~~

"So, you're all ready for the trip?" I asked Alice as I walked into the kitchen with a hand full of plates.

"Yeah I guess." Alice replied without looking at me. "I thought I was excited but I kinda wish it wasn't so soon."

"What's the matter?" I asked as I set the plates down next to Alice who was washing them.

"I'm going to miss you guys." Alice muttered.

I smiled and gave her a one armed hug. "Aww come on, a year will pass by really fast. Plus, there's like Skype and FaceTime, I mean we will never lose contact." I assured her.

"It won't be the same." Alice whispered.

I reached out to take the wet plate from Alice's hands and she gave me a surprised look. I turned the tap to her direction and washed her hands for her. "I'll take care of this." I said as I took over her place over the sink.

Alice sighed and stepped aside, allowing me to do the job. "I'm going to be missing so much. Aside from you guys, I'll be missing Donovan's first steps or his first words or-"

"Alice! He's not even 1 yet!" I laughed. "Stop worrying all right? This is Jasper's and your dream, don't put it on hold. You only get to be young once." I pointed out.

Alice looked down as she processed what I said. Over the years, Alice had grown out her hair and now it reached till her mid back. So when she looked down, her hair covered her face, making it hard for me to judge her reaction.