Valentine's special chapter

Set in Edward's and Bella's high school days

Edward's POV

It was the 13th of February; which meant that Valentine's Day was tomorrow. I watched as my sister, Alice worked around the house while humming the tune of her favorite romantic song. I knew why she was in a good mood, it was easy to tell.

Jasper had come over earlier with a huge bouquet with a mixture of white and red roses. He snuck up to Alice's room early in the morning and surprised my sister with the bouquet and the question - to ask her to be his Valentine. Which didn't really make sense to me since they have been dating for almost a year now. Plus they were going to the same college in the fall. Their relationship was beyond official and yet, Jasper was still asking her to be his Valentine.

But ever since then, Alice had been smiling and I was getting tired of it. Yes, she was my sister and I was glad that she had someone who loved her this much, but she needed to relax her facial muscles for crying out loud.

"So," Alice's ringing voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "Do you have any plans with Bella tomorrow?" She smiled widely.

"Nah, we didn't make any." I replied and within seconds, a dish cloth flew right in my face. "What the hell Alice!" I yelled.

"It's Valentine's Day tomorrow and you have no plans with your girlfriend?" Alice shrieked and I groaned.

"It's just Valentines, what's the big deal."

"It is a big deal!" Alice screamed as she walked away from the kitchen counter and plopped on the couch next to me. "It's every girl's dream to be treated like royalty on this very special day. And you're taking that away from her!"

"I treat my Bella like a queen every day, so I don't need a very special day," I air quoted it with my fingers while talking. "To show her how much she means to me."

"Yes, that's all very nice little brother," Alice waved her hand dismissively. "But no matter what, tomorrow is the one day that lovers get to do cheesy things together and post pictures repeatedly without annoying anyone. It's the spirit of love, like the spirit of Christmas!" Alice squealed excitedly. "It shouldn't go to waste."

"Yeah but Bella specifically told me that she didn't want to celebrate it." I tried to reason with my sister but she didn't seem to have it.

"She always denies celebrations," Alice rolled her eyes. "When has she ever asked for something? Come on, surprise her! She will loooove it." Alice sang.

"Really?" I asked as I thought about what Alice said.

"Of course doofus!" Alice whacked the back of my head. "Every girl loves surprises, even Bella."

"But I haven't even gotten her anything or planned anything yet!" I started to panic now. "What if she has something planned for me? Holy shit, I'm the worst boyfriend ever."

"Calm down brother," Alice laughed at me and more specifically, at my misery. "Just go get her some flowers and -"

"But Bella hates flowers." I interrupted Alice.

"Okay then get her a box of chocolates!" My sister said it as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Okay okay, chocolates seem harmless." I nodded and got up from the couch. "What kind of chocolates though?" I asked Alice.