Chapter 26

I was in for another week of torturous school and even though I had Jace and my two best friends with me, I just knew that this week wasn't miraculously going to become any better. For starters, nobody knew that Jace and I were dating yet. I was curious yet a little scared to find out how everyone would react once we become more open about our relationship.

But now, I had to worry about managing another bad day in school. And how do I know that it's going to be bad? Let's just say that the fact that I walked into school an hour and a half late wasn't much of a good sign for me. Gunther was going to kill me for missing his class today and even though I was already cooking up a great make up story in my head, I couldn't ignore that annoying feeling at the back of my head that constantly told me something was going to go wrong today.

And my gut was proven right when I heard the voice of someone I never ever wanted to be associated with.

"Al!" Caleb called and I groaned loudly, purposely making sure that he heard it as he made his way towards my locker. I hastily punched in my combination and basically started to raid my locker in record speed.

"Babe, what's the rush?" Caleb was behind me now and I suppressed the urge to knee him in his precious area and run off.

"I'm not your babe and I never will be your babe so don't you ever call me that again." I sneered as I slammed my locker shut a little harder than necessary.

"Fine, fine. But won't you hear me out a little? It's not everyday I get the chance to talk to you." Caleb leant against the locker next to mine and smirked like a jackass that he was.

I huffed out a breath, annoyed and forced myself to look at him again. "You've 30 seconds, so make it quick."

Without any delay, Caleb opened his mouth to speak again and after hearing what he said, I had the overwhelming feeling to snap his neck.

"I wanted to ask you out, say this weekend? To watch a movie or-"

"No." I cut him off halfway. Well sue me for being rude but Caleb wasn't just some ordinary jock around school. He was the primary reason why I hated coming to school for the past two years. His crude remarks and insults about Fatty Alaska were still stuck in my head like a broken recorder and now he thinks that somehow I'll agree to go on a date with him?

Yeah right.

"Did you just say no?" Caleb raised an eyebrow and irritation was starting to fill his eyes.

"You heard me." I stated firmly. "Now leave." It was almost like my words fell on deaf ears since Caleb didn't even move a muscle. He just stared at me like I just confessed to murdering his whole family. I scoffed and started walking around him instead, but only to get pulled back within a second.

"Ow?" I winced as I looked down on Caleb's huge hand wrapped around my wrist.

"You did not just reject me and plan on leaving here without giving me an explanation." Caleb lowered his voice even though we were the only ones in the hallway. The principal was definitely going to give me detention for missing the entire first half of the day. But right now, that didn't matter.

"Are you kidding me? You're acting like a petty 5 year old who didn't get his ice cream." I frowned and yanked my hand from his grip. "And I don't have to explain anything to you."

"Oh sweetheart, that's where you're wrong." I grimaced at his choice of words. Jace always called me his sweetheart but when it came out of this doofus's mouth, I couldn't help but feel disgusted all over.

Caleb stepped closer to me while he kept his eyes glued to mine but I didn't move; I had to show him that I wasn't intimidated by his presence.

"Move." I said as I attempted to walk around him again. I simply didn't have the time and energy to entertain Caleb's bullshit.