Chapter 16

Alaska's POV

"Did you see the new guy in our school!" Heather shrieked as soon as she saw me walk through the classroom doors.

"Erm no, why?" I asked as I placed my bag on the table and settled down next to my excited best friend. No, excited didn't even cover it; she was bubbling as if she had found the cure to cancer.

"He. Is. Insanely. Hot!" Heather cooed and I started laughing.

"Getting over Nate already?" I chuckled.

"I didn't see you being this excited when I was new last year." Leighton turned around from the table in front of us and stared at Heather.

Leighton was one of my closer friends who hung around us occasionally. She doesn't really like the school food so she almost, always stays in the music rooms to draw or write songs during lunch breaks. Even though I've not heard her sing any of it, whenever I coincidentally walk past the music room, I would hear her play her tunes out on the piano and it would always leave me awestruck.

Leighton was a very private person and she has always stayed that way since we first met her. She has jet black hair with purple streaks in it and she always wears black. And no I'm not exaggerating when I say that; she wears black everyday. The only make up she puts on are eyeliners and mascara with the occasional burgundy colored lipstick which gives her a whole gothic look. She has the whole badass vibe nailed and that partially explains why everyone stays clear of her way whenever she walks down the hallways.

Personally, I loved hanging out with her.

"Alaska!" Heather slapped my arm and I winced as I snapped out of my thoughts. "You have to see this new guy! He's a total badass and he would look perfect with you. Like a boyfriend you know." She winked.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't need any of that right now. I think I've enough boys in my life as it is."

Leighton who was obviously bored with our conversation shrugged and turned back to her little black notebook that she usually carried with her. I didn't know what she used it for but it seemed like the pages were filled with words and musical notes.

"Where's Gunther?" I looked at my watch. Our history teacher was ten minutes late and I honestly didn't think I could handle my overly excited friend for a minute longer.

"I don't know, I'm just praying that the hottie will be in one of my classes!" Heather shrieked and I almost slapped my hand across her mouth to shut her up. I had to seriously consider bringing duct tapes to school so that I could tame down this hormonal best friend of mine.

Luckily for me, Gunther walked into the class then. I took my phone from my pocket and silenced it while picking my bag from the table and taking my books out of it. Just then, I heard Heather gasp loudly beside me. I turned to her before I followed her gaze to see what she was staring at and that's when I saw him.

Standing in front of the class was no doubt, the biker Donovan and I saw the other day. He seemed taller than he was the other day and this time, his hair was neatly combed to the side. He had a sharp, distinct jaw and full pink lips that honestly seemed a little appealing to even me. He wasn't smiling and he didn't look a tad bit interested in being here.

Hey, he could always join the school haters club that I was head president of.

"All right class, settle down, I have an announcement to make." Gunter announced and everyone shushed down immediately. But sitting at the back of the class had its perks; I could see every single girls' eyes fill with lust and awe while the guys' had a look of admiration. Some even scowled at him but I knew it was of nothing but jealousy.