Chapter 14

Alaska's POV

"Hey Al!" I heard Donovan's voice before I even saw him. A smile automatically formed on my lips as I turned around. I closed my locker door and leaned against it as I saw Donovan jogging towards me.

"Hey." I grinned. I was pulled into a bone crushing hug instantly but I didn't pull away. I needed this hug, especially after a brutal first day in school. "What are you holding?" I asked as I pulled away from Donovan, noticing the amount of papers he was having in his grip.

"College stuff." He shrugged, looking down at the stack.

"Isn't that exciting!" I shrieked as I grabbed the college brochures from him. I flipped through the first few as we walked towards the school exit.

"Dartmouth, UCLA, Brown, wow Princeton?" I held out the black and orange colored brochure and opened it up. "It looks amazing!" I cooed. "Which university are you leaning towards?" I asked, without looking up at Donovan.

"I don't know, honestly." Donovan sighed. "If you were me, which would you choose?"

I shook my head. "All the universities look amazing." I smiled. "But I have always dreamed about Brown, you know that."

"You haven't stopped rambling about Brown ever since you learned the meaning of the word university." Donovan laughed as he led me to his car. "I'm not surprised."

"Don't complain too much, Alec got it way worse than you." I chuckled, knowing how much my brother hated talking about college - and more specifically about my borderline obsession with Brown.

"We are cousins and practically like siblings, I think I got my fair share to complain about too." Donovan whined as he got into his car.

"Alec is ending school soon and so is Heather." I stated, changing the subject. "Can we wait for them?"

"Your mum might actually hit me if we abandon your precious brother in school, so I guess we can." Donovan laughed as he started the car and turned on the aircon. I blasted the radio and moved down in my seat to get in a more comfortable position.

As we waited for my best friend and brother to exit the school, I caught glimpse of a motorbike entering the school grounds. The rider was wearing a leather jacket and he had a helmet on, disabling me from seeing his face. Judging from the rider's body stance, he looked around my age but as far as I knew, there was nobody in town who rode a bike so that confused me a little bit.

"Who's that?" I asked Donovan with my eyes on the biker who was still seated on his bike.

"Not sure, he looks new." Donovan craned his neck to get a clearer view but I was too lazy to even care. The biker finally got off his bike and took off his helmet, shaking his head like he was in a shampoo advertisement.

His hair was the kind that people would classify as European hair color. I've never understood that description but this guy seemed to fit that criteria. He was facing in our direction and for a moment, I thought he caught my creepy cousin and I staring him down. But even then, I couldn't take my eyes off him. He seemed cute and a little hostile, considering the fact that he wasn't smiling, but then again who would be smiling to themselves in a school car park anyway? The biker stood against his bike with his handphone at his ear for a few minutes before he straightened his posture and walked into the school.

"He's probably here to pick someone up." I shrugged. Of course, all the cute boys in the world are either taken, gay or don't come to my school.

"You're still staring at that guy?" Donovan asked but his eyes were on his phone and when I looked down to see what he was doing, I knew why.