Chapter 23 < PART 1 >

Alaska's POV

Friday rolled in pretty quickly and that would explain the only reason why I woke up with a smile on my face. I sat up on my bed, letting my feet touch the cold marble floor of my room. I stretched and ran my hand through my bed hair, smiling unknowingly as I thought about my plans after school today.

More importantly, my plans with Jace.

I pulled my hair up into a high bun and walked to my bathroom to start on my morning routine. When I came out to my room again, I wore a basic white sleeveless tank top with my ripped shorts and pulled on a floral kimono that was from aunt Alice's fashion line.

I decided to leave my hair down, letting my straight hair brush against my back as I walked out of my room. I noticed that Alec's room door was wide open; which meant that he was up and probably having breakfast already.

I skipped down the stairs and met with my brother's amused eyes the minute I landed on the first floor.

"Someone's bouncy today." He smirked and I knew what he was thinking. I narrowed my eyes at him before smacking his head and messing up his perfectly done hair in the process.

"Someone's earlier than me for once, guess you finally figured the function of an alarm clock." I shot back and my dad gave out a low chuckle.

"Alaska, it's too early to start another argument with your brother." I heard my mum speak from behind me and I raised my hands up defensively before sitting down next to my dad.

"What time is that boy coming to see you?" Dad suddenly asked while he kept his eyes on the newspaper. My heart started racing as I thought of Jace and I tried hard to keep the smile off my face.

"6." I replied, immediately chewing on my toast to prevent myself from giggling like a love drunk teenager.

Dad nodded before looking up at my mum expectantly. "I know your mother said that we would be here to see him before you both leave but we have some last minute work to attend to."

"We are both taking the longer shift today, but we would be back by the time you come back home." My mum added after my dad.

"Which I suppose would be a reasonable timing. Not too late, okay?" My dad immediately continued.

"Don't worry about it." I nodded.

"We will meet Jace once you're back." My mum said with a smile as she walked back to the kitchen.

"Sounds good to me." I muttered. "Thanks for all the concern, I just don't want you to bother too much for me."

"Don't be crazy, this is the least we could do." Dad patted my hands before he folded the newspaper and got up from the table. "See you both in the car in 5."

~~

"Today is the big day!" Heather sang right into my ears as she sat down at our lunch table. "Or should I say, big date." She winked.

"Could you be more excited?" I joked, shaking my head.

"I told you that Jace would end up together with you! Damn, I should have placed a bet with someone!" Heather shrieked and I slapped her arm.

"One date doesn't mean we are together, calm yourself." I laughed.

As much as I hated making a big deal out of this date with Jace, I was more than happy to let Heather annoy me about it. She looked so much better ever since the incident with Nate and I didn't have the heart to stop her from grinning ear to ear, even though she was clearly just overreacting over a simple date. If I've to tolerate her overexcitement about Jace and I for the whole day or even the whole month, so be it. As long as my best friend was happy again.