Chapter 33

Jace aka my husband guyssss 😍😍 ^

Chapter 33 ~

"Did Jace break up with you because he found someone else?"

I took in a deep breath and slammed my locker hard before turning to face the source of my annoyance with - what I hope was - a killer look. But before I could open my mouth and shoot back a reply to the girl in front of me who looked like the shorter version of Regina George, someone else beat me to it.

"Aren't you late for your coven meeting, Lisa?" Leighton's voice felt like a comfort blanket as she strolled over to my side and stared down at the minion.

"I..I.. I wasn't talking to you." Lisa shot back pathetically and Leighton rolled her eyes.

"I don't care who you were talking to. Now get out of our faces before I make you regret ever coming to Forks High."

Lisa didn't need to be told twice as she hurriedly dashed to the other end of the hallway. I leaned against the lockers and sighed heavily as Leighton leaned on the other side of me.

"Thanks for that." I told Leighton and she shrugged, waving it off.

"I've always wanted to tell her that." She smirked. "How are you doing though?"

I wanted to tell her that I was doing awful. This whole week had been a torture because Jace hadn't turned up for school ever since the incident I had with him last week. It wasn't that I missed him, hell I was glad that I didn't have to deal with him but without him in school, it felt like the whole student body was against me for some reason.

Those few people in the football team who knew about the relationship between Jace and I started assuming the stupidest thing about the both of us. Since it wasn't Jace that dropped me off at school or fetched me home anymore, the first rumor of us breaking up started going around.

I mean that wasn't exactly a rumor since it was true, but people didn't need to know that.

Then started the second rumor where people started assuming that I attempted suicide because I was too 'depressed' over the breakup. Yeah, that one came about because one of the cheerleaders saw me entering the hospital for my heart review that my Dad persuaded me to go for.

The last few rumors started coming up once I returned to school. Since Jace didn't turn up for the whole week, more students (especially the girls) started coming up with the genius idea that I cheated on him and Jace was brooding over that at home.

Honest to god, I've never had the stronger urge to wring someone's neck. But in this case, I felt like killing almost the whole student body.

"I'm fine, just irritated I guess. Everyone is just blaming me for Jace not coming to school and suddenly they have all started to cook up stories about us." I hit my head against my locker and looked at Leighton. "I'm so pissed with everyone, everything and him especially."

"Just ignore everything, Al." Leighton peeled me off the lockers and walked with me towards the school's exit.

"That's kind of hard when literally all our teachers are asking me where Jace is, as if I know where that bastard is every day." I winced as I said his name but recomposed myself immediately. "And not to mention how he is still spamming me with messages and voicemails." I hit my forehead with my hand and sighed.