Chapter 30

Alec's POV

I honestly didn't know what was going on as I rushed into the car with Heather right behind me. Dad had stiffened once he heard what my Mum said after her short phone call and both my parents haven't been normal ever since. So many questions were running in my mind and I wasn't close to finding the answers to any one of them.

But one question kept ringing in my head and I couldn't seem to ignore it.

"Who's Jacob?" I blurted out without thinking twice. Dad - who was driving insanely fast - glanced briefly at me through the rear view mirror before shooting a look at Mum.

"Someone who should have been dead long ago." Dad replied coldly and I couldn't ignore the audible gasp that left Heather's lips. I looked at her and pulled her closer to me, planting a kiss on her forehead in the process.

I didn't know why I was dragging Heather with me into this mess but I didn't really have a choice since she was adamant in following us. She argued saying that Alaska was her best friend and that she couldn't stay behind and do nothing. I felt horrible knowing that she was entering the complete unknown with me and I couldn't even give her any words of consolation since I was going out of my mind too.

For Christ's sake, I just asked Heather out this morning and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet but she's dragged into a full blown mess with me. It would be a miracle if she still decides to go out with me after tonight.

If we survive tonight that is.

I still didn't know what the hell was going on as I watched the trees zoom past us as Dad drove down the streets, without giving a care about the traffic rules. I realised that this was the way to the reservation but I didn't know why we were coming down here. It obviously had something to do with the guy named Jacob but who exactly was he?

"We should have locked him up when we had the chance. It has been more than a decade and he's still after us." My Mum who had been silent the whole time suddenly spoke up. Dad placed a reassuring hand on her lap but remained quiet otherwise. The tension in this car was so high, I found it hard to even breathe right.

"Is he-" Heather started but her words barely came out as a whisper. She cleared her throat and started again. "Is he going to do anything bad to Al?" I could hear the fear in her voice and I tightened my grip on her shoulders as I wrapped my arm around her.

I meant to comfort her but I couldn't possibly think of anything to say as even I was scared of what could happen to my sister.

My Mum turned to face us from the passenger seat and gave us a weak smile. "Nothing is going to happen to her. We will make sure of that, so don't worry." She said confidently. Heather and I nodded, feeling a little assured by what my mother said.

Finally we came to a stop and my parents practically flew out of the car. Heather and I followed suit and it wasn't long before we barged into a house. I took no time to observe the environment around me as we came face to face with a man casually sitting on a cream colored couch, sipping on his beer. Mum's eyes widened as she saw him and my Dad's fists clenched beside him. I could tell that he was furious with the guy sitting in front of us and even though I had no idea who he was, I knew that he was up to no good with that stupid smirk on his face.

"Where is Alaska?" Mum demanded and I glanced at her face for a few seconds, genuinely surprised at how cold she sounded.

"Hello to you too, Bella." The guy seated on the couch greeted and I knew he was the Jacob guy that we were talking about in the car. I hated the way he said my Mum's name and I just wanted to punch the shit out of him.