Chapter 22

Bella's POV!

"Can we come in?" I asked as I looked down at the twins' curious faces.

"Why do y'all even have to ask?" Alec laughed as he motioned us to come in. Edward and I walked to the white couch that was located on the left side of Alec's room and sat down.

Alaska and Alec positioned themselves so that they were facing us. Edward looked at me for a brief second before focusing his eyes on our children again.

"Your mum and I want to talk to y'all about a certain issue which I find, pretty necessary at this age." Edward stated and Alaska carried a look of amusement in her eyes while Alec uncomfortably shifted on his bed.

"It's nothing to be embarrassed about." I added. "As parents, we are obliged to care about our kids in every aspect of their lives no matter how much you guys may hate it." I chuckled at the end and Edward smirked.

"We heard the conversation you guys had about your own..... persons of interest." Edward rubbed the back of his neck nervously as he tried to convey the message forward. I held his hand tightly to encourage him further. "We think it's time to finally talk about it instead of putting it off. Trust me, it's not as bad as it sounds."

Alaska looked over at Alec before smiling as she looked back at us. "You guys may start." She muttered.

"Nah uh, the girls will have their talk alone while the guys can have their own time." I said as I stood up. Edward chuckled and stood up too, kissing the side of my head before he turned his attention to Alec.

"We have some talking to do, my man." Edward announced as he took over Alaska's place on the bed, next to Alec, while I pulled my daughter out of the room with me.

"This seems pretty cool, we never ever have alone time." Alaska said as she tugged along beside me, hooking her arm through mine. Damn, she was so much like Alice.

"I'm glad you appreciate this." I smiled as I sat down on the couch, glad that Alaska didn't think this was too weird. We had a second living room on the second floor so that we weren't always cooped up on the first floor. This living room was smaller but all of us seemed to prefer it more since it was cozier with the yellow lightings.

Alaska flopped down next to me and looked at me expectantly. I smiled, trying to mask the mess that was going inside my head. Where was I going to start? Didn't they have parental tutorials for times like these? How was I going to tell my daughter I dated a psycho before Edward?

"Alaska, your dad wasn't my first boyfriend." I poured out the words before I even assembled them properly in my head.

Alaska's eyes widened as she took in this brand new information. She stayed silent and slowly nodded to let me continue. I took a deep breath before starting again.

Well this was awkward.

"When I was 17, I met this guy called Jacob Black. He was a pizza delivery guy and we met when he delivered pizza to my house one night. He was pretty cute and charming and your aunt Alice was squealing like a 5 year old over him." Alaska broke into a smile along with me.

"Well, he asked me out and I told him I'll call him one day. And fast forward a few days," I sighed. "Alice invited him to a party that we were hosting. We laughed and drank- I mean you shouldn't be drinking till you're 18 but," Alaska laughter stopped me from continuing. "You know what, forget I said that. Jacob and I were just hanging out." I rolled my eyes at my stupidity.

"That night, I kind of had a feud with your dad and I left the party early. Jacob brought me back home and we started hanging out since then. Honestly, your dad and I went through a lot of small, petty fights throughout the year and Jacob was there for me every time. He expressed interest in me after a while but I said I couldn't make a decision yet because I knew I had a little feelings for your dad at that time."