Chapter 5

Lily knocked on Robin's door and entered without being invited. Sometimes he wondered if his sisters had any sense of privacy. He sat up on his bed, glaring at his sister. Even though she was five years older than him she acted like a teenager.

"What do you want?" Robin asked, grumpily. He had no idea why he was feeling this way. He should be happy he didn't have sex with an unknown man.

"How did it go?" Lily asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Just fine," Robin grunted before diving back into his political science book.

"You don't look so happy?" Lily asked, sounding concerned. She plopped down beside him and gave him all her attention.

"It wasn't how I imagined it would be," Robin said, sounding disappointed without meaning to.

"How did you imagine it?"

Robin screamed into his book. "I don't know. Why are you asking me all these questions? Go to your room."

"I am worried about you. I heard there was a lot of blood on the floor."

"I said, I am fine," Robin said. "Let me read."

"But we have to go," Lily said, yanking the book off his hands.

"Why?" Robin frowned.

"You forgot?" Lily said, standing up. "Dad has organized an introduction party for you."

"Oh god," Robin groaned. It was tradition for Marcella's family to introduce their newly initiated Omega son to society so he had the opportunity to find a mate. Alphas, well high-ranking alphas, from all over the world attended the party. This was how Robin's older Omega brothers had found their mates. The prospect of being tied down to a man just when he got his freedom scared him. Not to mention he was still a virgin.

As if on cue, maids entered his room to get him ready for the party. This robe was the opposite of what he had worn yesterday. He had to wear three layered garments today. A norm for omegas attending social events. The first layer would be undergarments, a see-through cotton shirt, and white shorts, followed by a silk robe, and on top of all of that would be a thick white warlock robe that would cover him from neck to toe. A white veil would be put on his head so no one could see his face.

He had been shaved and scrubbed yesterday for the initiation so he didn't want to go through the process all over again but the servants weren't having it. It was a rule to get thoroughly cleaned before this event in case he finds his mate. Once he was thoroughly cleaned, they applied perfumed oil on his body. Robin stood naked in front of the mirror while they dressed him up. He couldn't see a single thing except the floor underneath once the veil was put on.

"What purpose will this serve if they can't even see how I look," Robin asked when he heard the maids open the door to his room.

"They will know you are their mate from your smell," he heard Gloria say.

"How am I supposed to navigate like this?" Robin asked.

"We will be chaperoning you to the courtyard," Lily said with excitement.

"Why is she so excited," Robin asked, turning to Gloria.

"Dad said she could choose her husband today and if he is unmated he would talk to him," Gloria informed, there was a sound of disgust behind those words. He knew his youngest sister didn't like the idea of getting married. Robin didn't like it either but he had other reasons, Gloria simply hated Alpha men.

Robin groaned knowing how obnoxious Lily was going to be for the rest of the day. Like they said, his sisters Gloria and Lily walked him to the party. Joyce didn't like attending such parties unless their father explicitly asked her to attend.