Chapter 24

Trigger Warning: Graphic Description of Childbirth Trauma and Child Loss.

***

Robin was trying to make sense of the whole situation with Victor. He came out of the house and decided to spend some time alone at the beach. Sitting before the wide ocean gave him the clarity to think things through.

"What do we have here?" Arthur's mocking words brought Robin out of his head. A shirtless Arthur stood before him, a surfboard under his arm, the shorts riding dangerously low. Robin's eyes traveled up his body to land on the awful red lollipop he was swirling around his mouth, tinting his lips red. The bad boy persona he had going on infuriated Robin. He didn't know what it was about the youngest Thrall brother that made Robin grit his teeth with annoyance. It didn't help that the guy was built like a swimming athlete with the face of a handsome devil like all the Thrall brothers. Fuck the Thrall brothers, Robin thought.

"Get lost, Arthur," Robin growled.

"I thought demeaning Alphas was restricted to my eldest brother, I guess I was wrong."

"Why would I demean Victor?"

"I don't know," Arthur shrugged. "It's just what I saw. The Alpha King of Dhasur on his knees while you looked down at him like he was some inferior creature."

"How do you know that? Were you peeking at us like a creep?" Robin spat.

"I didn't have to peek. Apartantly my brother was pathetic enough to do it out in the open where every passerby could see him."

"You don't know the context. You have no idea what happened."

"I don't need to know what happened. I know when I see an overentitled person."

Robin rolled his eyes at Arthur's assessment. He did not have patience for this. He stood up, and showed Arthur his middle finger before walking away.

There was a weird tension between Victor and Robin during dinner. Robin could tell Victor wanted to talk. Set things right between the two of them but Robin wasn't ready to listen to him yet. Robin put effort into not meeting his gaze. He didn't want to see the sadness on his face and lose his resolve to make him suffer. He wasn't ready to forgive him just yet.

Caroline and Rody had made dinner and it was delicious, taking away some of Robin's anger. The way the two of them were always joined at the hips made him envious of the love they shared. No hidden agenda, no manipulation, no ulterior motives. It was simple and beautiful.

Later that night after Robin helped Caroline clean the dishes, both of them sat by the pool, their feet in the cold water as they enjoyed ice cream.

"Initiation, really?" Caroline asked after Victor told her all about how Victor and he had met. "I wish we had initiation in our country. Who wouldn't want to lose virginity to a handsome Alpha," Caroline winked.

Robin's face heated. Their custom was absurd now that he thought about it.

"My first time was fucking messy. We both didn't know what we were doing," Caroline giggled.

"Was it with Rody?"

Caroline nodded.

"How did you and Rody meet?" Robin asked, feeling curious.

Caroline looked off in the distance, her eyes glazed over. "We were childhood friends."

"Really? I thought you were his employee." Robin asked all ears now.

"Yeah, that too. Business partners actually. He opened a restaurant and wanted me to manage it," Caroline said excitedly. "But before that we went to the same school. We basically grew up together."