Chapter 32

Victor was fuming with pent-up anger when he came back to the house. Victor came back a few hours later and stood in the middle of the living room.

"Listen, everyone," Victor said, body strung tight with fury. "There is a meeting at the warehouse at 7 AM and I want everyone to be present. Kyle, you too," he said, looking at Kyle.

"Who will look after Nina?"

"Ask Lily to come over."

Robin saw Kyle's face contort with distress but he didn't protest.

"Why the sudden meeting?" Arthur asked.

"You will know when you attend it."

Robin had a bad feeling about this. If Victor was planning on calling off the war he would never forgive him for it.

When Victor walked off, Robin followed behind. Robin pushed his way inside Victor's room just as he was entering the room.

"Is the meeting about calling off the war?" Robin asked.

"Yes."

"And what's the alternative?" Robin asked, narrowing his eyes.

"We will stay in hiding until I have made sure my child is safe from the consequences of the war."

"Like a coward?" Robin spat.

"Like a fucking father and a mate," Victor growled.

"What about the people who do not have a hiding place? What about their children? What about the children who would die under King Marcella's cruel rule? You can not be selfish, Victor."

"I have decided..."

"You can't do this..." Robin yelled, gripping the collar of his shirt with brute force. "I forbid you."

"I don't care."

Robin clenched his fist around the material of his Collar so hard, he felt his nail bite into the skin of his palm. His face heated, and his body shook with rage. He had never felt so angry in his life. Never. "You will care when I leave you."

Victor frowned. "What?"

"You might not care about the people of your country but I do. And I can not be with a man who has failed his nation."

"You care about people more than me...more than your child?"

"Yes, Victor...and I don't how you can't, being a King."

"Where are you going to go?" Victor asked, looking down at Robin with disgust.

"Anywhere but here with you."

Victor stayed quiet, his eyes searching mine. "I won't let you."

"What are you going to do? Chain me to your floor? Or lock me in your closet?"

"Do whatever it takes."

"If you want to do whatever it takes then stop being an asshole and keep training the soldiers."

"I won't..."

"Sh.." Robin placed a finger on his lips. "I will stay with you forever, Victor. Love you with all my heart if you do this for me. Please, I beg you...don't call off the war."

Victor looked tormented. "You can't dangle your love in front of me like a bait."

"I can and I am. Take it or leave it," Robin went on his tiptoes and gave a chaste kiss on Victor's lips before leaving his room.

When everyone showed up to the meeting the next morning at the warehouse, including Lawrence, Victor didn't make an appearance. It annoyed the hell out of everyone but for Robin it was victory.