Chapter 38

I want to give you a sneak peak of what you will get if you choose to subscribe to my patreon for explicit chapters. 

So, this chapter is Free on my Patreon. You just have to become a free member and you can veiw it. 

The Link is https://www.patreon.com/collection/669317. Or you could go through the link in my bio. 

Note- You will not miss anything in the story if you read the clean version.

****

There was a lot of cleanup that needed to be done. He understood why Robin was upset. Seeing the people you know laying on the ground brutalized wasn't a sight anyone wanted to come about. It took a tough shell and years of hardening to get over it. Victor, who had been in the military for so long, had a difficult time facing the consequences of his carnage.

"Have we identified all the soldiers?" Victor asked one of the soldiers in charge of documenting the dead.

"No, Your Highness, it still needs time."

Victor wasn't used to being referred to as the King. He wasn't a King yet. The coronation ceremony hadn't happened. His parents' unexpected death did put him in the King's position but that didn't mean he was used to the idea yet.

"Send our dead soldiers back home to their respective families. Do the same with the Marcella soldiers. And conduct a meeting with dead Marcella's soldier's families," Victor instructed.

"I will get on it," the soldier in charge said, before walking away.

Robin had been cooped up in his room for the last two days. Whenever Victor tried to talk to him he looked depressed. Victor was feeling helpless. He didn't want his mate to blame himself for the deaths. A small part of Victor knew if he didn't get him involved in the war this wouldn't have happened. Robin loved his people, and his country, it showed in the way he talked about them, seeing them dead must have traumatized him.

Victor walked to Robin's room. He opened the door gently, making as little noise as possible. Robin's body was hidden under the thick quilts. His room lit with sweet-scented candles. Victor removed his shoes his t-shirt and pants before slipping under the quilt to accompany Robin. He had been missing the feel of Robin's skin.

"How come you are not sleeping on a different bed tonight?" Robin asked, surprising Victor.

"You aren't sleeping?" Victor asked, slipping behind him.

"Can't fall asleep even with those stupid candles," Robin grumbled.

Victor caressed Robin's belly, kissing him on the neck. "Need me to help you?" Victor asked in a whisper.

Robin nodded his head, tilting his head back and giving him more access. Victor gripped Robin's face and tilted his head to the side so he could suck on his neck while one of his hands slid down between Robin's legs.

Robin mewled with pleasure when Victor licked a line along his shoulder, taking his ear lobe in his mouth and sucking on it.

Robin was enjoying Victor one moment and stiff another. But something must have crossed his mind because his face fell.

Victor laid him down on the bed, took his face in his hands, and looked deep into his eyes.

"What happened? What are you thinking," Victor asked, feeling concerned. Maybe he had pushed Robin further than he should have.

Robin shook his head. "Nothing," he said, looking to the side.

"Please, sweet, don't hide. Tell me what's wrong.," Victor said, running his fingers through Robin's hair lovingly.

Robin looked up, his eyes searching Victor's. There was a vulnerability in them. Like he was fighting an inner struggle. Victor understood him. Victor's traumatic past had ruined many beautiful moments as well.

"We can stop now, if you want," Victor said.

Robin shook his head. "Kiss me," Robin demanded. Victor smiled and lowered himself to softly kiss Robin on the lips. When Robin raised his head to kiss him deeply, Victor held his face and pushed his tongue inside Robin's awaiting mouth. Robin sighed in relief. He circled his legs around Victor's waist and pulled him closer. Victor complied with Robin's demands. He kissed him deeper, making sure to stay perched up on his hands so as not to crush Robin with his weight.

The sex was incredible. Better than what they ever had.

"It's only going to get more intense when your pregnancy progresses," Victor said with a wink.

Robin blushed a thousand shades of red. Victor chuckled. Robin's sheepish responses never failed to amaze Victor. Even after being so incredibly sexy, Robin got shy at the strangest of things. Victor chose not to tease him about it. He cleaned Robin and they slept on the soft bed tangled in one another.