Chapter 7

Victor felt a niggle of disappointment when Robin dismissed him. When the guards said Robin asked for him in his bed chamber he had been excited and worried at the same time. Excited because he was going to see Robin again and worried because he didn't think he would be able to control himself this time.

"You have another one waiting for you, Mr. Popular," the guard announced, nudging him to the side.

Victor frowned. He noticed they were walking him away from the slave cells, towards the Royal quarters.

"Katrina has asked for your company," the guard informed.

Victor cursed inwardly. It had been since he met her. Katrina, Robin's aunt, had been the one who saved him from being executed after he was taken in as a war prisoner. She thought Victor would be better used as a sex slave. She had been useful in extracting inside information about Palace politics. Victor didn't mind entertaining her for his benefit. Today though, after the confrontation with Robin, he didn't think he could sleep with her. It shouldn't matter, Victor was a sex slave after all, yet he couldn't go with the idea of hurting Robin.

"Come on. You know the route." The guard pulled towards the familiar path. A wide hallway lead to rows of rooms, each one belonging to a Marcella family member.

The guard knocked on Katrina's room and she opened it after a few seconds. She always wore bright colors. Her ample cleavage peeked through the orange corset that hugged her curvy body. But it wasn't her body that shocked him but the scent of roses that hit him like a brick. She had a tendency of drowsing herself in rose oil, which wasn't a bad thing but the intensity of it made Victor's nose hurt.

"Come in, lover boy. I have missed you so much," she said, taking him in a big hug. "I was so furious when I heard Robin stole you for himself. I didn't think he had it in himself to request an Alpha like you. He had always been so timid."

Victor let her babble as he got into her room. She opened his bound hands immediately and carelessly tossed the collar remote on the table. She had grown to trust him in the last two years and there was no need to take safety measures when they were together.

"So how was it?" she asked.

"How was what?" Victor asked, taking an apple from her fruit basket and biting on it.

"The sex. With Robin? Was it good?"

Victor leaned back on her bed and eyed her as he ate the apple.

"I love when you become so brooding, like this," She said, hugging herself and giving him a wide smile.

"Where were you? You weren't in the palace?" Victor asked.

"You noticed? I thought you were too busy fucking the King's son," she said, hardly containing the jealousy in her voice.

"Answer the question, Katrina."

"Why? Did you miss me?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

He walked to her, took her chin and tilted her head up. "Did you accompany the King to Sarai?"

Her eyes widened. "How did you know?"

"Everybody has been talking about it. They think the King is looking for a suiter to marry you off."

"I am forty-eight years old," she said with a hardened face.

"At the prime of your life. So tell me did he find you a suiter?" he asked, breathing on her cherry-colored lips.

"I will never marry that old scumbag."

"You mean the King of Sarai?"

"King or not, I will not tie myself to a scrawny old man for my brother's interest. I denied the proposition."